Shop for Change - Thrift Store
Volunteers of America-MN--RSVP
Volunteer at Shop for Change thrift store
- Sort through all donated items including clothing and household items and make assessment on quality for Shop for Change
- Research items that might be valuable. These might be sold on online websites such as eBay.
- Prepare items for sale in thrift store such as putting clothing on hangers, rearranging displays and managing inventory.
- Price items for sale using PRISM guidelines.
- Directly serve our participants and shoppers at the register.
- Break down packaging and trash.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and orderly work and store environment while providing excellent customer service.
For more information contact: Dagmar
09:00 AM to 01:00 PM
01:00 PM to 05:00 PM
NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Volunteers of America-MN--RSVP
3333 N. 4th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55412, US
RSVP offers maximum flexibility for people 55 and over who want to find challenging, rewarding, and significant service opportunities in their communities. RSVP Volunteers work with local organizations to have impact on critical needs in several focus areas: literacy, housing, food security, independence and well-being for seniors and persons with disabilities, economic opportunity, and service to veterans and military personnel and their families. We give volunteers the flexibility to decide who and how frequently they serve and we support volunteers with placement assistance, free supplemental insurance, and other benefits.
RSVP partners with over 80 nonprofits in the six- county metro area, so we can find you an opportunity that matches your skills, interests, and geographic location. We have hundreds of opportunities in areas such as:
Citizenship--for new Americans
Companionship Education/Literacy--for children and adults
Independent Living for Seniors