Awaken Pittsburgh, a non-profit 501(c)(3) formed in 2016, is seeking a Volunteer to assist us with general office, data entry and other organizational tasks.
Awaken Pittsburgh is a growing, energetic, secular organization that draws upon the wisdom of mindfulness and meditation to teach lifelong self-regulation skills that have the power to transform lives. Its evidence-based curricula and programming serve students, educators, those in recovery, social services and mental health professionals, corporations, and any other individual or organization seeking to gain clarity, focus, renewal, and improved health and wellbeing.
See our web site at www.awakenpittsburgh.org for more.
As an Administrative Assistant Volunteer, you will provide a wide variety of administrative support for the executive director and Board of Directors , including answering emails, scheduling meetings, maintaining electronic (google drive) filing system, data entry projects, and more. For this role, a strong Internet connection is required, along with experience using online file sharing tools like Google and Zoom. This position will require a commitment of approximately 5-8 hours per week
- Manage contact lists
- Prepare spreadsheets and keep online records
- Organize board’s calendar
- Perform data entry
- Create presentations, as assigned
- Address volunteer’s administrative queries
- Other responsibilities as needed to ensure the success of the organization
- Proven experience with a minimum of three (3) years as a Administrative Assistant or relevant role
- Familiarity with current technologies, like Zoom, Google Suite, etc.
- Experience with Office and Google word-processing software and spreadsheets
- Knowledge of online calendars and scheduling (Google)
- Knowledge of Google for Business tools
- Excellent phone, email and instant messaging communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Solid organizational skills
- Self-directed and disciplined with the ability to work independently in an ever-changing environment
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Our organization is predominantly volunteer-run. We welcome volunteers located anywhere in the world, as long as they can connect reliably to the internet.
About AWAKEN PITTSBURGH
733 N Highland Ave, PITTSBURGH, PA 15206, US
Awaken Pittsburgh promotes personal and community well-being through mindfulness programs and compassionate actions.
Awaken Pittsburgh develops and supports mindfulness programming. Based on a fee-for-service, social enterprise model, Awaken is committed to serving individuals and organizations regardless of income and background so that everyone can have the opportunity to experience the transformative power of a mindfulness-based approach to living.