2 people are interested
Marketplace Food Shelf
ORGANIZATION: Volunteers of America-MN--RSVP
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
- Accept donations from the public, offer and provide the donor with receipts if requested.
- Serve our participants wit check-in/out during their visit.
- Review and sort food donations for packaging issues and expiration dates compared to PRISM guidelines
- Create pre-made nonperishable boxes for our participants for their walk-in appointment.
- Stock shelves with purchased and donated products.
- Break down packaging for trash and recycling while sorting through in-kind donations.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and orderly work environment.
Our food shelf has served on average around 110,000 pounds of food a month to families we serve during the pandemic. Responsibilities may be subject to change as we make transitions back to normalcy, and if we make shifts within our current service delivery model.
For more information contact Dagmar.
- 12:30 AM to 04:00 PM
- 09:00 AM to 12:30 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Volunteers of America-MN--RSVP
3333 N. 4th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55412, US
RSVP offers maximum flexibility for people 55 and over who want to find challenging, rewarding, and significant service opportunities in their communities. RSVP Volunteers work with local organizations to have impact on critical needs in several focus areas: literacy, housing, food security, independence and well-being for seniors and persons with disabilities, economic opportunity, and service to veterans and military personnel and their families. We give volunteers the flexibility to decide who and how frequently they serve and we support volunteers with placement assistance, free supplemental insurance, and other benefits.
RSVP partners with over 80 nonprofits in the six- county metro area, so we can find you an opportunity that matches your skills, interests, and geographic location. We have hundreds of opportunities in areas such as:
Citizenship--for new Americans
Companionship Education/Literacy--for children and adults
Independent Living for Seniors
PRISM1220 Zane Ave. NGolden Valley, MN 55422
August 31, 2022
- People 55+
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible. Commit to as many shift as you like. Shift schedule with open shift is available.