Hospice Seeking College Students to Provide Companionship to Palm Coast Patients
ORGANIZATION: Gentiva Hospice
Please visit the new page to apply.
What does it take to be a Kindred Hospice Volunteer?
- The desire to give your time, talents and heart in support of hospice patients and their families.
- Be at least 18 years old to volunteer directly with patients.
- Complete comprehensive hospice volunteer orientation and annual training.
- A background check, fingerprinting, TB test and drug screening (all at no cost).
- Must be able to drive self to see patient; may not be dropped off.
Volunteers provide friendly, non-medical visits to hospice patients in their homes.
Types of patient care might include:
- Conducting life review
- Providing companionship
- Providing caregiver relief
- Reading, playing cards, or playing games
- Performing/playing music
- Creating art/doing crafts directly with the patient
Scheduling is flexible; hours vary depending on need and your schedule.
Thank you for your interest in being a Kindred Hospice Volunteer!
About Gentiva Hospice
160 Cypress Point Pkwy, Suite D-104, Palm Coast, FL 32164, US
To provide compassionate care and extraordinary service to the patients and the families we serve.
We believe hospice care can be something more
The most important time is the time you have together-with friends, with family, with loved ones. Many people think hospice is only about end-of-life care, but it’s so much more than that. We help people with life-limiting illnesses, along with their loved ones, make the most of every moment.
Multiple locations Palm Coast, FL 32164
August 25, 2022
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible to schedule; usually 2 hours 1 x per week.
- **MUST BE FULLY COVID VACCINATED.** Reliability and dependability.