Intake Specialist Intern
The Malinois Foundation
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of an Intake Specialist
* Processes paperwork for new clients efficiently and in accordance with protocols.
* Obtains pertinent information from new clients by asking them to complete surveys or interviews courteously and professionally.
* Answers and screens inquiry calls and emails from prospective clients.
* Collects data to help with the admission process
* Ensures that all admission forms are properly signed and filed.
* Communicates with other team members constructively in order to reduce conflict and enhance the resolution of issues.
* Respects client or patient dignity and confidentiality.
* Adheres to the facility dress code and appears professional at all times.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Demonstrates the ability to use standard office equipment such as telephones, computers, copiers, fax machines and others.
* Displays the ability to communicate with others effectively, listen closely and convey points clearly.
* Shows proficiency with computer programs which may include Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and others.
* Demonstrates excellent customer service skills and the ability to calm patients or clients who may be distraught.
* Shows the ability to calm frustrated clients quickly and make decisions based upon anticipated outcomes.
* Possesses the ability to adjust to constantly changing workloads.
About The Malinois Foundation
1210 West Brandonwood Drive, 9441 South Union Square, UT 84040, US
It is our mission to provide service dog training to individuals in need with both physical and/or mental impairments. We will work with the individuals and their families to train each service animal to meet their individual needs. Through our efforts, we aim to educate communities to the importance and effectiveness of service animals.
The Malinois Foundation is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization created to provide individuals suffering with PTSD, physical disabilities and other special needs with a dog that can comfort and assist them.