Cooking Class Instructor
Boys & Girls Clubs of Santa Monica
C3- Cultural Cooking Class
- 7-week food & nutrition program, April 12 - May 28th (Spring Calendar)
- Time/Date- Wednesdays 3:00 - 4:00 pm
- Delivery: in-person instruction (preferred)
- Youth ages 8-10 (4th-5th grade)
- Group size: 12 kids per in-person class
- Themes: Asian Fusion, Thai Food, Japanese & Chinese Cuisine, Indian Dishes, Jamaican Style, Greek, Italian, French, Persian food, Canadian secrets, and more+.
- Designated theme weeks TBD
- A BGC staff member will provide the recipe, activity, and discussion topics.
- All participants will receive ingredients and follow along with the activity as the instructor guides the lesson. Facilitators will also have a set of ingredients for teaching.
- Volunteers: 1
- Preference for recruiting volunteers with cooking/chef/culinary experience, hobbyist, or enthusiasts.
- Goal: Promoting health & nutrition, exposure to new cultures, education of food origins, ingredients, and meal preparation.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Boys & Girls Clubs of Santa Monica
1220 Lincoln Boulevard, Santa Monica, CA 90401, US
Our mission is to inspire and enable all young people, especially those from disadvantaged circumstances, to realize their full potential as productive, responsible, and caring citizens.
The Boys & Girls Club of Santa Monica is a non-profit youth-serving agency. It is a fun, safe place for children to come after school and in the summer-time, with many activities and opportunities.
Please visit our website (smbgc.org/volunteer) to learn more about our programs and submit a volunteer application.