Marketing Manager - Help close the education gap and gain experience!
PANDEMIC PROFESSORS, INC.
Marketing Manager - Education non-profit volunteer opportunity
Estimated Hours/Week: 15+ hours/week
Expected Commitment: 4+ months
About Pandemic Professors: Pandemic Professors is a nonprofit organization that offers free tutoring and mentorship to underserved students in low-income communities. The service was created to bridge the education gap caused by e-learning and the pandemic. We are a 100% volunteer- run organization and we do not have any paid positions.
If interested, please directly apply here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSclAim-01fJDN9A0qzja1ZAoGC-GS8jo6lKLLGHvQiMixV1eA/viewform
- Work collaboratively alongside another marketing manager to manage corporate campaigns.
- Be responsible for creating marketing briefs for each campaign, specifically identifying and honing the target audience, campaign objectives, and participate in tactical planning across Social Media, PR, Email, etc.
- Present and share briefs with cross-functional teams in marketing, creative/graphics, operations and development, and supervise the implementation of each campaign.
- Be responsible for facilitating and managing team roles and developing processes to create efficiencies across various teams and departments.
- Act as a steward of the Pandemic Professors brand, ensuring all marketing materials ladder up to the brand vision and guidelines.
- Protect and enforce brand guidelines for our partners.
- Interest in marketing and branding
- Ability to manage a small team
- Experience briefing teams
- Experience working with research and identifying insights & target audience opportunities
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Marketing or brand management or related experience a plus
About PANDEMIC PROFESSORS, INC.
512 W 156th St., Apt 22, New York City, NY 10032, US
The mission of Pandemic Professors is to facilitate free tutoring to children in low-income communities impacted by the pandemic.
At Pandemic Professors, we believe all K-12 students deserve an opportunity to receive free supplemental learning through private tutoring, in order to help them remain on track and meet their educational goals. Our organization was founded to match underserved students across the United States with free online tutors to more safely help during this unprecedented crisis and beyond.
Historically, students in underserved communities are at greater risk of falling behind in academics and socio-emotional skills. Much like Hurricane Katrina, the COVID-19 crisis is exacerbating the plethora of academic and personal challenges these students already face. Our organization presents students in low-income communities with opportunities to strengthen subject comprehension and boost confidence. The needs, strengths, and voices of the impacted students drive our family-centered philosophy and evidence-based practices.
Together with our partners, Pandemic Professors combats adverse effects on learning resulting from the pandemic and exacerbated by poverty. Students in underserved communities don’t lack a hunger for knowledge, they lack the means to access quality tutoring. Pandemic Professors provides effective tools for students to complete their K-12 education, and we will continue to work with our students after the pandemic until the educational gap is resolved. We sincerely hope you consider joining us in the fight to improve the lives of students adversely affected by poverty and the pandemic.