Volunteer Champion Manager
Lutheran Social Services of the Southwest
To support all Champions in successfully fulfilling their commitment to host and fill a Come & See tour with ten or more guests.
A Champion is a volunteer who opens doors for our organization in the community, introducing new people by hosting and filling a private Come & See tour with their friends, family, colleagues, or groups they belong to. A successful tour has 10-12 attendees.
- Follows up with all confirmed Champions by phone within 2-3 days of the commitment.
- Creates a plan with Champions for the date of the Come & See tour, who they will invite, how they will communicate with invited guests and when invites should be made.
- Regularly communicates with each Champion on progress and next actions.
- Minimally every two weeks depending upon the progress. One time per week if more support is needed.
- Expect to work with an average of 5 Champions at any given time.
- Maintains regular communication with LSS-SW staff on progress of each Champion.
- Reconnects Champion with the Director of Community Engagement for continued engagement with the organization after their Come & See tour.
About Lutheran Social Services of the Southwest
10201 S 51st Street, Phoenix, AZ 85044, US
Showing kindness, doing justice, and serving those in need.
Lutheran Social Services of the Southwest lights the way in 10 Arizona counties, caring for the most vulnerable in our community since 1970. Serving 1 out of every 90 Arizonans, we partner with individuals, congregations, and government agencies to offer services and resources for refugees, children and adults with developmental disabilities, families, the poor and homeless who need food and shelter, and seniors. For many of the people we serve, Lutheran Social Services of the Southwest is the face of our community.
Serving Southeast, Southern, Central, and Northern Arizona
To learn more about our programs, call 480-396-3795 or visit www.lss-sw.org. You can also visit us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/lsssw.