Butterfly garden water carrier
SEA ROCKET CHAPTER OF FLORIDA INC
Sea Rocket chapter of the Florida Native Plant Society manages the beautiful Butterfly garden at the entrance to the Enchanted Forest Sanctuary. We often weed, plant new native pollinator plants, prune and mulch. We need help with all of these garden keeping tasks, but most direly, we need
*3 volunteers (or one willing to come MON,WED, FRI) to water freshly transplanted young plants to set them up to succeed. It requires less than an hour at a time, the plants will be tagged, you will get instruction from our experienced gardeners and can do it at ANY time of day ( during open hours of the sanctuary)
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About SEA ROCKET CHAPTER OF FLORIDA INC
444 COLUMBIA BLVD, TITUSVILLE, FL 32780, US
The Sea Rocket Chapter of the Florida Native Plant Society works to promote the preservation, conservation, and restoration of the native plants and native plant communities of Florida.
We work through education, community outreach, volunteering, field trips, guest speakers, charitable giving, and supporting scientific research.
The Sea Rocket Chapter is based in northern Brevard County including the communities of Titusville, Cocoa, Merritt Island, Cape Canaveral, Rockledge, Mims, and Scottsmoor. What We Do
- Have monthly guest speakers that provide programs on a variety of topics relevant to the mission of the Sea Rocket Chapter.
- Lead field trips to conservation lands in central Florida.
- Provide information on native plant landscaping and its benefits for a healthy environment, including water, wildlife, pollinators, butterflies and Florida's natural heritage.
- Support policies and programs that protect our natural lands and encourage proper management of those lands.
- Support research on native plants, their habitats, and the wildlife that depend on them.