Wasatch Homeless Health Care, Inc.
WASATCH HOMELESS HEALTH CARE, INC.
Position Title: COVID-19 Vaccine Educator
Supervisor: Director of Nursing
Status: Committed to shift once a week
Shifts: 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM; 1:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Wasatch Homeless Health Care, Inc. (WHHC) dba Fourth Street Clinic, Salt Lake City’s leading nonprofit health care provider for homeless Utahns that operates with a core staff of 50 and a volunteer network of more than 150. Annually, the health center provides services to over 5,000 homeless men, women and children with 34,000 medical, behavioral health (including substance abuse), dental services, case management and health education classes. Fourth Street Clinic has an onsite pharmacy that provided over 60,000 prescriptions.
- Provide education to patients regarding vaccine indications and side effects
- Validates patients medical information
- Follows all legal requirement such as HIPAA
- Educates and refers clients to appropriate resources
- Able to work autonomously and with a team
- Able to work as part of a multidisciplinary team to ensure accurate, timely, and positive clinic flow
- Strong organizational skills; with an emphasis on accurate prioritization of agency needs
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Able to work flexible schedule to meet demands of agency
- Fluent in Spanish preferred but not necessary
08:00 AM to 01:00 PM
01:00 PM to 06:00 PM
NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Wasatch Homeless Health Care, Inc.
404 south 400 west, Salt Lake City, UT 84101, US
Wasatch Homeless Health Care, Inc. provides comprehensive primary health services to homeless individuals and families in the Salt Lake City area. Working together with the community, we seek to improve the health status and quality of life of the homeless population we serve.
At Fourth Street clinic we provide innovative, holistic, compassionate health care in concert with our clients and other interested community partners. We strive to individualize medical and social support services for the homeless population through the efforts of professional and dedicated staff and volunteers. WHHC's medical team includes physicians, mid-level providers, medical assistants, and medical care coordinators. The Salt Lake medical community provides strong support to WHHC by providing more than fifty regular volunteers and other assistance. All WHHC services are provided at no cost to the patient.