Lakeshore Humane Society Inc.
The basic function is to work alongside LHS to provide exercise and enrichment to the dogs in our care. This primarily includes dog walking and field trips to pre-approved locations.
Works with Dog Program Staff, Volunteer Coordinator, and Canine Medical and Behavioral Specialist.
The Dog Walker reports to Volunteer Coordinator and Canine Medical and Behavioral Specialist.
- Attend all training sessions as required by the Canine Medical and Behavioral Specialist.
- Maintain contact with Volunteer Coordinator with any schedule changes.
- Maintain contact with Canine Medical and Behavioral Specialist with any medical or behavioral issues noticed while out on walks with dogs.
- Provide water to dogs as needed while out on walks.
- Keep dogs separate from any people or animals you may encounter while out walking.
- Return the animal(s) to LHS within 2 hours of leaving the facility, unless given permission from Canine Medical and Behavioral Specialist for an extended field trip.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- A Valid Driver’s License.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to take direction with minimal supervision.
Minimum of one scheduled shift per week, lasting 30 minutes or more.
- Contribute to the success of Lakeshore Humane Society by safely and efficiently providing for the animals entrusted in the Dog Walker’s care.
- Represent Lakeshore Humane Society and lead in a polite, responsible, and professional manner.
- Share and promote the culture, purpose, and objectives of LHS internally and publicly.
- Demonstrate respect and kindness towards our animals, staff, clients, donors, and other volunteers, treating each other with courtesy, sensitivity, tact, consideration, and humility.
- Value our role in ensuring the safety of each other, the animals, and the community.
- Endeavor to balance organizational and individual needs.
- Follow all procedures and protocols at all times, promoting healthy and safe work practices during dog walking, field trips, and training.
- Create and maintain a positive working relationship with reporting supervisor.
- Utilize good judgement and avoid publicly sharing confidential or sensitive information to those outside of the organization.
About Lakeshore Humane Society Inc.
1551 N 8th Street, Manitowoc, WI 54220, US
The mission of Lakeshore Humane Society Inc., is to ensure humane, compassionate treatment of all animals entrusted to its care, reunite lost animals with their owners, provide for all adopted animals to be placed in responsible, permanent homes, and extend humane education to the public.
Lakeshore Humane Society Inc., cares for over 1880 dogs, cats, and small animals annually. We have a dedicated team of staff members and many dedicated volunteers that care for the homeless animals 365 days a year. We are an open admission shelter. We have many opportunities to help our homeless pets!