Red River Local Volunteer Engagement Lead Volunteer-Dallas/Ft. Worth/Oklahoma
Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - Oklahoma Chapter
At The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS), we're passionate about our mission: to cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. LLS volunteers help carry out this mission in so many ways: supporting patients, family members, healthcare professionals, and our community, driving policy advocacy, participating in our campaigns, and helping LLS build much needed capacity.
As part of a mission centric, locally delivered and nationally powered organization this role serves to provide support for the recruitment and onboarding of volunteers for the local office. The LLS Volunteer Engagement Lead will work closely with the office and national LLS teams to recruit and manage local volunteers and may support multiple markets within the Region. Relentlessly pursuing cancer cures.
This is a virtual opportunity. The role remotely supports the Red River Region which includes Dallas, Ft. Worth, Oklahoma and Arkansas.
Position tasks may include any combination of the following:
- Provide assistance with volunteer recruiting efforts
- Coordinate any in-person or live orientation and trainings for incoming volunteers
- Work with office staff to plan and execute volunteer celebrations
- Assist with collection/note-taking and compilation of volunteer feedback
- Liaison with national Office of Volunteer Engagement to ensure volunteers standards are in place at the local level
- Coordinate the planning and execution volunteer activities for the office
- Update local Volunteers in Action (VIA) calendar
- Approve volunteer hours in VIA for local volunteers
Volunteer should possess the following skills/qualifications:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong data systems experience and data management skills
How to Apply
Visit https://www.volunteerlls.org/, click Get Started, enter zip code and search for the position name of Red River Local Volunteer Engagement Lead Volunteer.
About Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - Oklahoma Chapter
500 N Broadway, Oklahoma City, OK 73102, US
The mission of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
We work tirelessly to find cures and ensure patients can access the lifesaving treatments they need. When someone experiences the fear and uncertainty of a blood cancer diagnosis, we provide hope, compassion, education and support. Our impact is felt beyond blood cancer. The breakthrough treatments we helped advance for blood cancers are now improving the lives of people affected by many types of cancer.
Volunteers are our partners in the crusade to end cancer.
In 2017, LLS volunteers made a significant impact while selflessly dedicating their time and talent to achieve our mission. With countless ways to engage, from fundraising to providing patient support, our volunteers are changing the landscape of cancer.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Oklahoma Chapter was founded to serve residents who have been touched by one of the blood cancers: leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma. The chapter serves all 77 counties in the state.