What We Seek:
We are looking for a skilled and innovative Development Coordinator to spearhead the organization’s fund-development efforts. This position requires creativity, strategic thinking, attention to detail, and a commitment to the vision and mission of A4C. The development coordinator/grant writer will join a diverse team of committed and driven volunteers.
Work closely with the founder and Board of Directors to raise A4C’s start-up budget and create a 3-year fund-development plan. Responsibilities include:
- Researching industry trends, funding prospects and funding trends
- Writing high-quality grant proposals
- Designing and executing online appeals and special campaigns
- Creating fund-development systems and procedures for the organization
- Networking and outreach to potential donors
- BA Degree in related field
- Minimum of two years’ experience in Development
- Excellent written communication skills
- Demonstrated research, group process, and collaboration skills
- Desire to be part of a start-up organization
28404 Clarksburg Road, Damascus, MD 20872, US
Creating economic stability through land ownership, professional development, and racial healing.
Acres4Change (A4C) supports economic stability among disenfranchised individuals and communities. Through A4C’s flagship program, qualifying individuals are provided access and ownership to land at a heavily subsidized cost. A4C partners with various social service agencies and higher education institutions to provide the professional mentoring and training needed for these individuals to develop that land, return it to productive economic and social use, and combat community deterioration. We aim to build futures and create economic stability through the provision of land access and ownership, professional development and/or skills acquisition towards sustainable livelihoods.