Graphic Designer, Scientists Inc
We’re looking for a talented human who loves science and wants to make the world a better place by building new connections between people and science!
We are Scientists Inc , a 501(c)3 nonprofit that is 100% volunteer run. We are a rapidly growing science outreach organization with one goal: make science more accessible to everyone . And we mean, E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E. Inclusivity is the drumbeat of our little science-y hearts, so if you can’t proudly say " Black Lives Matter " or "Stop Asian Hate" or "I’m a feminist" or "Transwomen are women," this isn’t the role for you.
Graphic Designer: We’re looking for a creative visual storyteller to lead the Scientists Inc content development strategy nationally. You’ll work directly with our President and Communications Director to maintain our visual style guides and support national social media and digital thought leadership content strategy. You’ll hold regular quarterly calls with our Social Media Strategists to share templates and best practices. You’ll review our digital assets for optimal UX and will advise on upgrades to drive brand awareness, traffic and audience engagement. You’ll report on progress quarterly.
- The anticipated time commitment for this role is
- Produce visual short-form assets for social and digital content platforms
- Create digital media campaigns elements to be used by our Social Media teams across our projects
- Publish content to our digital properties and respond quickly to to real-time developments in life, culture and science to ensure our content is relevant
- Consistently look for opportunities for us to do better, grow and create a more positive impact on the world around us
- Always prioritize inclusivity, activism for social justice, and equality
Qualifications and Skills:
- An instinct for crafting compelling visual stories
- Able to quickly build rapport with others
- Have a strong understanding of UX, mobile-first web design, and social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram and TikTok
- A good eye for visual aesthetics with a proven ability to understand and create style guidelines and design original graphics
- Experience with producing and editing audio and video content
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Remote applicants accepted.
About SCIENTISTS INC
3104 N ARMENIA AVE, TAMPA, FL 33607, US
Our mission is to create community-based connections between people and science that would not exist otherwise. We want to do this regardless of the background of our volunteers or the communities that we engage with.
Scientists, Inc. is a nonprofit dedicated to science outreach. We connect with our non-specialist audience through events such as our national annual taste of science festival, a week long program dedicated to adults. Every year, our festival runs simultaneously in multiple cities across the US. In 2019 we reached 16 city chapters lead by volunteers, featuring scientists, researchers, engineers and artists from their local institutions.
We also record the 2Scientists podcast sharing the stories of scientists and their experiences in research to humanize the people who do the work.
We are 100% volunteer run. A group of diverse individuals brought together through our love for science, so we dedicate our time to share research and the scientific process with our communities.