Social Media Strategist, 2Scientists Podcast
We’re looking for a talented human who loves science and wants to to make the world a better place by building new connections between people and science!
We are Scientists Inc , a 501(c)3 nonprofit that is 100% volunteer run. We are a rapidly growing science outreach organization with one goal: make science more accessible to everyone. And we mean, E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E. Inclusivity is the drumbeat of our little science-y hearts, so if you can’t proudly say " Black Lives Matter " or "Stop Asian hate" or "I’m a feminist" or "Transwomen are women," this isn’t the role for you.
2Scientists Podcast ( 2Scientists.org ) is our podcast where we delve into the deepest darkest secrets of the cosmos, or a volcano, or how squirrels fall in love. We interview scientists from around the world at their local bar, after buying them a round or two. We average about 5,000 downloads monthly at present, and are looking forward to seeing that number soar.
Social Media Strategist : We’re looking for a creative storyteller to lead the 2Scientists social media strategy nationally. You’ll work directly with our President and Communications Director to create and implement our national social media and digital thought leadership content strategy. You’ll hold regular calls with our podcast team to collaborate on upcoming seasonal content and drive audience engagement. You’ll report on progress quarterly.
- The anticipated time commitment for this role is
- 20 hours per month during seasonal recording
- 10 hours per month off season
- Drive cohesive mixed media strategy that increases brand awareness and includes social media, blog posts and email campaigns
- Produce visual short-form assets for social and digital content platforms
- Create digital media campaigns that align with podcast episodes
- Publish content to Scientists Inc blog and 2Scientists social media profiles and digital properties
- Respond quickly to to real-time developments in life, culture and science to ensure our content is relevant
- Consistently look for opportunities for us to do better, grow and create a more positive impact on the world around us
- Always prioritize inclusivity, activism for social justice, and equality
Qualifications and Skills
- An instinct for crafting compelling stories
- Able to quickly build rapport with others
- Have a strong understanding of social platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram and TikTok
- A good eye for visual aesthetics with a proven ability to understand and apply style guidelines when designing original graphics
- Experience with producing and editing audio and video content
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Remote applicants accepted.
About SCIENTISTS INC
3104 N ARMENIA AVE, TAMPA, FL 33607, US
Our mission is to create community-based connections between people and science that would not exist otherwise. We want to do this regardless of the background of our volunteers or the communities that we engage with.
Scientists, Inc. is a nonprofit dedicated to science outreach. We connect with our non-specialist audience through events such as our national annual taste of science festival, a week long program dedicated to adults. Every year, our festival runs simultaneously in multiple cities across the US. In 2019 we reached 16 city chapters lead by volunteers, featuring scientists, researchers, engineers and artists from their local institutions.
We also record the 2Scientists podcast sharing the stories of scientists and their experiences in research to humanize the people who do the work.
We are 100% volunteer run. A group of diverse individuals brought together through our love for science, so we dedicate our time to share research and the scientific process with our communities.