Social Media & Advocacy Strategist, taste of science Festival
We’re looking for a talented human who loves science and wants to make the world a better place by building new connections between people and science!
We are Scientists Inc , a 501(c)3 nonprofit that is 100% volunteer run. We are a rapidly growing science outreach organization with one goal: make science more accessible to everyone . And we mean, E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E. Inclusivity is the drumbeat of our little science-y hearts, so if you can’t proudly say " Black Lives Matter " or "Stop Asian Hate" or "I’m a feminist" or "Transwomen are women," this isn’t the role for you.
taste of science ( tasteofscience.org ) is our annual science festival that allows members of the community to get to know their friendly neighborhood scientist - and learn from that scientist in-person at a local pub or restaurant. We have chapters coast to coast who coordinate local events - creating national reach with community roots.
Social Media & Advocacy Strategist: We’re looking for a creative storyteller to lead the taste of science social media strategy nationally. With more than 13 cities (and counting) across the US, we need a Strategist who can set the tone for our City Leads. You’ll work directly with our President and Communications Director to create and implement our national social media and digital thought leadership content strategy. You’ll hold regular monthly calls with our City Leads to offer guidance and ensure they’re driving traffic organically and growing engaged audiences within the cities we serve. You’ll report on progress quarterly.
- The anticipated time commitment for this role is
- 20 hours per month during event season (Feb to May)
- 10 hours per month during the rest of the year
- Drive cohesive social media strategy that can be a guide to our city chapter leads
- Produce visual short-form assets for social and digital content platforms
- Set up templates, share best practices and automate as much as possible so our cities can iterate on your strategies
- Maintain a social calendar that aligns with online and in-person events and respond quickly to to real time life, cultural and scientific developments
- Drive national thought leadership content campaigns and strategies in partnership with the President and Communications director to reach key goals
- Publish content to Scientists Inc blog and taste of science national social media profiles
- Consistently look for opportunities for us to do better, grow and create a more positive impact on the world around us
- Always prioritize inclusivity, activism for social justice, and equality
Qualifications and Skills:
- An instinct for crafting compelling stories
- Able to quickly build rapport with others
- Have a strong understanding of social platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram and TikTok
- A good eye for visual aesthetics with a proven ability to understand and apply style guidelines when designing original graphics
- Experience with producing and editing audio and video content
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Remote applicants accepted.
About SCIENTISTS INC
3104 N ARMENIA AVE, TAMPA, FL 33607, US
Our mission is to create community-based connections between people and science that would not exist otherwise. We want to do this regardless of the background of our volunteers or the communities that we engage with.
Scientists, Inc. is a nonprofit dedicated to science outreach. We connect with our non-specialist audience through events such as our national annual taste of science festival, a week long program dedicated to adults. Every year, our festival runs simultaneously in multiple cities across the US. In 2019 we reached 16 city chapters lead by volunteers, featuring scientists, researchers, engineers and artists from their local institutions.
We also record the 2Scientists podcast sharing the stories of scientists and their experiences in research to humanize the people who do the work.
We are 100% volunteer run. A group of diverse individuals brought together through our love for science, so we dedicate our time to share research and the scientific process with our communities.