23 people are interested
Virtual Call Center Volunteer
23 people are interested
Volunteers support Manna Food Center's referral program which enables our participants to receive food from us and so much more! This opportunity is now VIRTUAL!
These volunteers are highly trained to be able to manage any call. Volunteers answer our main phone number and you will learn how to direct questions from the public, assess if people qualify for our programs and delivery services, inform people of food pick up policies and location information, issue complaint logs, direct people to other services, and learn to use our Salesforce database for scheduling.
Skills and Qualifications
* Volunteers must be comfortable speaking on the phone and using a computer.
* Interested candidates should friendly and possess strong customer service skills and be able to problem solve and multi-task in a fast-paced office environment.
* Volunteers will assist people from a diverse background.
* We are looking for volunteers that can make a regular weekly commitment for at least 6 months to a year.
* Volunteers must be 18 or older.
* Bi-lingual skills are a plus but not required.
* This opportunity is not open to people needing to complete service hours.
Thursdays: 12:30 - 4pm
Volunteers will take place in a virtual training and will need to go to our Silver Spring office to pick up equipment. Training will take approximately 1 week.
12:30 PM to 04:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Manna Food Center
12301 Old Columbia Pike, Silver Spring, MD 20904, US
Manna Food Center’s singular mission is to eliminate hunger in Montgomery County, Maryland. Through food distribution, education and advocacy, we are making strides on behalf of more than 63,000 county residents who experience hunger and food insecurity. Manna’s mission of ending hunger in Montgomery County through food distribution, education and advocacy is the guiding force of all we do.
Since 1983, Manna has worked to fight hunger, feed hope and transition recipients from a place of scarcity to prosperity. The community was present at the creation of Manna coming together to make sure that those experiencing hunger had a place to turn.
12301 Old Columbia PikeSilver Spring, MD 20904
October 26, 2021
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6 month to 1 year