May is National Mental Health Month - Seeking Volunteers
NAMI LONG BEACH AREA
May is National Mental Health Month. NAMI Long Beach Area will be reaching out via phone to our community to raise the importance of mental health awareness. In particular, noting the higher rates of anxiety and stress triggered in the last year by the COVID pandemic, racist acts of violence, and others.
Volunteers will be asked to contact members, past program participants, and other individuals.
During the call, volunteers will provide latest information on the following:
1) NAMI Signature Programs and Support Groups and how they help people
2) our suicide prevention training programs we offer (QPR and Mental Health First Aid)
3) other community resources (such as Dept. of Mental Health services, etc as requested)
Finally, volunteers will briefly ask if persons would consider becoming a NAMI LBA member (or renewing their membership) or making a donation.
Volunteers will be required to attend a virtual training on NAMI LBA, community resources and phonebanking in mid-late April (Date TBC).
About NAMI LONG BEACH AREA
5230 Clark Ave, Ste 2, Lakewood, CA 90712, US
NAMI Long Beach Area is part of the country's largest grassroots organization active in the mental health sector, the National Alliance on Mental Illness. We support people with mental illness, their families, caregivers and friends by offering education classes, support groups, awareness workshops and community trainings. We aim to educate individuals and raise awareness in the broader community about mental illness and mental health conditions, to overcome stigma often associated with mental illness, and advocate for more appropriate resources and policies to support mental health conditions. NAMI Long Beach Area partners with community-based organizations such as schools, health organizations, business, law enforcement, legal advocacy, and youth organizations.
NAMI Long Beach Area is dedicated to improving the lives of individuals affected by mental illness, and their families, by providing mental health education, support and advocacy. We want you to know that You Are Not Alone.
NAMI Long Beach Area is the Long Beach, California affiliate of NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness. NAMI is the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to educating, advocating, supporting, and building better lives for the millions of individuals and families affected by mental illness.
- We serve the city of Long Beach and a wide area beyond, including many neighboring cities and communities.
- No matter where you live, you are welcome to attend our classes and support groups (currently online) if our location and services.
- We invite you to contact us for more information and find out how we can support you.