9 people are interested
Shelter Medical Care Specialist
ORGANIZATION: CAT CONNECTION
Please visit the new page to apply.
9 people are interested
The Cat Connection is a nonprofit cat rescue serving the greater Boston area, and we are opening our own cat shelter in Brighton! Join us in our mission to save the lives of stray & abandoned cats and find them loving homes!
The Shelter Medical Care Specialists will work with the shelter veterinarian, Medical Director and Shelter Director to oversee the health and safety of the cats within the shelter especially within the isolation and quarantine rooms.
- Triage cats upon intake and as needed to determine priority for scheduling examinations. Provide the Medical Director with pertinent intake info for scheduling exams. Record info on designated medical documents and give to Cat Care Supervisors at the end of shift.
- Provide veterinary treatment and general care of shelter cats in Intake/Isolation and Quarantine rooms. Administer veterinary treatments and medications as needed and/or as directed.
- Perform routine procedures such as nail trims and basic grooming when needed.
- Communicate any findings to the Medical Director and Shelter Director.
- Obtain animal histories from the cat folder.
- Perform and record any further needed treatments and perform and/diagnostic testing and vaccinating as needed. Communicate all findings to the Medical Director. Ensure that all procedures/observations are adequately documented.
- Monitor completion of daily medical care specialist task checklist, and update this list as needed.
If are interested in being a medical care specialist for TCC, please fill out a volunteer application at thecatconnection.org
About CAT CONNECTION
PO BOX 541435, WALTHAM, MA 02454, US
To control the local feral (undomesticated) cat population through Trap-Neuter-Return-Maintain (TNRM) programs and to facilitate the adoption of stray and abandoned cats and kittens into responsible permanent homes through our foster care and adoption programs.
We are an all-volunteer 501(c)(3) nonprofit and we rescue stray and abandoned cats in the greater Waltham, MA area and try to find them loving homes.
167 Chestnut Hill Ave.Brighton, MA 02135
August 12, 2022
- Animal Care / Handling
- Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- At least one 2 hour shift per week (but 2 would be amazing!)
- Must love cats!