Bi-Vocational Associate Pastor or Pastor Trainee
Position: Associate Pastor or Minister Trainee leading to a pastoral ordination. This position is ideal for someone with a stable job with the flexibility and intense passion for fulfilling his/her pastoral calling. We are committed to working out a flexible schedule to make it a win-win situation for the right candidate.
Reports to: Senior Pastor
FavorLife Church is a small but growing non-denominational church in a high-growth area in Beltsville, MD, located approximately 9 miles north of Silver Spring, MD, 15 miles north of Washington, and 28 miles south of Baltimore City. God has called us to reach many people in our area, especially the unchurched families and youth. As they respond to our outreach efforts, we need to connect them to small groups (Life Groups) for care, ministry, and spiritual growth. The Associate Pastor or Pastor Trainee will assist our Senior Pastor in driving our outreach efforts, promoting the Church's vision, building, and helping facilitate our Church's growth in our community.
Expectations and Critical Abilities:
The new Associate Pastor or Minister Trainee will:
- Share general pastoral duties, preach on occasion (if qualified), and be committed to being part of our team.
- Demonstrate strong relationship-building gifts and skills. This new leader should be an entrepreneurial person with a heart and call to ministry with a strong and distinct "pioneering" heart and spirit to reach new families to add to our Church through "Spirit-led" evangelism and discipleship.
- They are well versed in diversity as a cultural reality and a celebrated value here at FavorLife. This true servant leader must demonstrate a heart of humility, unity, service, encouragement, and skilled in reconciliation, Christ-like love, and biblical conflict resolution, according to Matthew 18:15-17.
- Demonstrate emotional maturity and experience, leading by example and living out the Christian lifestyle in a family setting and publicly. The ideal candidate would also align with the pastoral qualifications found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7.
- Work in conjunction with Senior Pastor to conduct visitation to remain close to the Church's congregants and families' real needs.
- Personally, participate in meeting the spiritual needs of the church members and friends.
- Maintain strict confidentiality in all matters of a personal nature, seeking permission when advisable to involve professionals in the care of members and friends in need.
- Set aside time for personal study, prayer, and devotions daily, including maintaining an active intercession on behalf of the Church, its leaders, and congregants.
- 2+ years serving at a church with responsibilities aligned with this current position or as a ministry leader preferred.
- Demonstrated preaching and teaching gifts preferred.
- Must be able to reach and connect with unchurched families, individuals, and
- Must be committed to making and growing disciples of Jesus
- Must be positive, patient, friendly with professional, pastoral attitude and
- Must be a self-starter, anticipate needs without oversight, focus on the tasks at hand, and efficient follow-through.
- A criminal background check will be required for this position upon selection.
- A Bachelor's or Associates Degree in Biblical studies is preferred. An individual currently in Bible School with strong ministry skills will be considered.
- We will also consider an individual with a pastoral calling who is eager to be trained and mentored for a period as a Pastoral Candidate followed by pastoral ordination upon satisfactory demonstration of pastoral abilities.
- Must have strong communication abilities, both written and
- Must be a strong team player and
- To reach and connect with individuals, youth, families, and individuals with the primary purpose to grow FavorLife Church.
- Support the Senior Pastor in planning and implementing vision and
- Lead Small Groups, support facilitate GriefShare, DivorceCare, and other Outreach ministries.
- Assist ministry leaders when necessary
- Provide Biblical counseling, prayer, and ministry to people as needed and directed by the Senior
- Serve as an active member of the church congregation by attending services, small groups, and church
- Attend team meetings, retreats, and other church functions, as
- Maintain a disciplined life of worship, Bible reading, prayer, fasting, tithing, and
- Passion for ministering the Gospel of Jesus Christ and encouraging spiritual growth and development of our church
- Welcoming visitors and creating ways for new guests to get plugged into our local body and
- Share the visitation responsibility of visiting those who are sick or in the hospital as requested by the Senior
- A generous giver and regular
ABOUT FAVORLIFE CHURCH
Location: 12217 Distribution Pl. Beltsville, MD 20705-1407
At FavorLife Church, our mission is to share the transformative love of Jesus and to give people a place where they can experience a fresh, enjoyable connection to God and a community of people. We keep our focus simple so we can have the most significant impact possible. Everything we do as a church is filtered through our focus on helping every person live the full life God created all of us.
Our Church has the vision to create a place where people can experience God's unconditional love and live out the authentic Christ-like love with others. We exist to help people Know God, Find Freedom, Discover their Purpose, and Make a Difference in their life and society. Our slogan is: Love God Love People!
All worshippers must respond to the Health Screening questionnaire, wear masks, temperature checks, social distance, hand-sanitization. Our building has several hand-sanitization stations and is sanitized weekly with CDC/FDA-approved COVID-19 chemicals.
About FAVORLIFE CHURCH
12217 DISTRIBUTION PLACE, BELTSVILLE, MD 20705, US
FavorLife Church exists to help people Know God, Find Freedom, Discover their Purpose, and Make a Difference in their life and society.
Our hope is to give people a place to experience a fresh, enjoyable connection to God and a community of people. We keep our focus simple so we can have the biggest impact possible. Everything we do as a church is filtered through our focus to helping every person live the full life for which God created all of us. Our slogan is: Love God Love People!