SAF VAVS Program Volunteer - Columbus VA (Franklin County)
American Red Cross - Ohio
* Willingness to support the mission of Veterans Affairs Voluntary Service (VAVS) and the American Red
* Support all veterans by performing assigned job requirements such as: Greeter, patient escort, refreshment
cart support, lab runner, clinical administrative volunteer, recreation therapy assistant, information desk
worker, patient visitor, MyHealtheVetKiosk guide, pharmacy assistant, hospice/respite care/No Veteran Dies
Alone volunteer, special event support, transportation program driver, professional medical volunteer, and
* Desire to help people
* Ability to show initiative, communicate, and work well with others
* Work with diverse populations
* Flexible; easily adapt to surroundings and tasks
* Must be able to achieve a successful VA background/security badging check
About American Red Cross - Ohio
995 E. Broad Street, Columbus, OH 43205, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
We're in local communities every day, helping people prepare for, respond to and recover from emergencies. When emergencies strike, people need help. A fire leaves a family homeless. A heart attack threatens a life. A tornado flattens homes, schools and businesses. A military family needs to be connected. A young child needs a blood transfusion. They need the Red Cross.
How do we empower so many of our neighbors to respond to emergencies? By mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. We can't turn heartbreak into hope without your help!