Board Of Directors Secretary position
To serve as an active voting Member of the legally constituted Board of Directors which has authority and responsibility for the development of policies and continuing review of the conduct of the business of Strive For You.
Secretaries will be elected to a term in accordance with the bylaws of Strive For You.
▪ Is a voting Member of the Board of Directors
▪ Meets the criteria and agrees to the responsibilities outlined in the general Board Member description.
▪ Maintains records of the Board and ensures effective management of the organization's records
▪ Collaborates with the Board President to develop the agenda
▪ Emails agenda to the Board Members at least 2 days prior to the Board meeting
▪ Ensures agendas are on official letterhead and free of spelling and grammatical errors
▪ Dictates and manages minutes of Board meetings
▪ Emails draft minutes to the Board no later than one week following the meeting date.
▪ Is sufficiently familiar with legal documents including, articles of incorporation, and bylaws, to note applicability during meetings
The Board Secretary should expect to spend 5-7 hours a month on activities of Strive For you in addition to the Board of Directors meetings. A minimum of three meetings will be held a year via teleconference. Hours may fluctuate depending on current task or project.
300 Berkley Drive Apt A10, Madison, TN 37115, US
At STRIVE4You our mission is to empower all individuals through training and recreation, while educating professionals to better serve their clients; achieving an inclusive society for all.
Through our services and peer to peer programs we STRIVE each and every day to Achieve an inclusive and more productive society for all. We achieve this goal through our core principles of strength, training, recreation, inspiration, vitality, and empowerment (STRIVE).
Our programs include life skills and advocacy educational classes for transition aged youth, inclusive physical education classes for children of all ages, recreation and sports programs for people with disabilities, advocacy training. and peer to peer life coaching and mentoring from successful people of all abilities to assist them through their individual situations.
We also provide consulting, professional development opportunities, and outreach services to professionals in communities across the United States. These services are in the form of webinars, online courses, in-person hands on workshops, and trainings at conferences. All trainings are conducted by experienced qualified professionals eager to empower our communities through inclusive and quality education, to promote lifelong learning for all