Non-profit volunteer opportunity -Brand Manager
PANDEMIC PROFESSORS, INC.
Estimated Hours/Week: 15+ hours/week
Expected Commitment: 4+ months
About Pandemic Professors:
Joining Pandemic Professors is an exciting opportunity to join an organization committed to facilitating free online tutoring for students in low-income communities. We are a 100% volunteer-run organization and we do not have any paid positions.
If you are interested, please apply directly here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSclAim-01fJDN9A0qzja1ZAoGC-GS8jo6lKLLGHvQiMixV1eA/viewform
- Report to the Head of Marketing
- Supervise a team of volunteers and interns in the Marketing team
- Aid in management and strategy of current brand
- Provide strategic expertise by utilizing primary research and data to deliver brand insights and recommendations
- Help diagnose Pandemic Professor’s current brand and provide data-backed recommendations for updates needed to maintain relevance and foster future growth
- Serve as a brand steward, protecting and communicating brand standards across the various stakeholders throughout the organization
- Act as a representative of the organization and its interests in external communications
- Minimum of 5 years of branding or related experience with analyzing primary research and extracting insights that leads to strategy development
- Experience working on brands or building brands preferred.
- 15+ hours a week
- An interest in working in nonprofits
- Skilled in rebuilding, rebranding, or strategic thinking for marketing
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Passion for education and equality
- Ability to work independently and take initiative, as well as work in a team environment
About PANDEMIC PROFESSORS, INC.
512 W 156th St., Apt 22, New York City, NY 10032, US
The mission of Pandemic Professors is to facilitate free tutoring to children in low-income communities impacted by the pandemic.
At Pandemic Professors, we believe all K-12 students deserve an opportunity to receive free supplemental learning through private tutoring, in order to help them remain on track and meet their educational goals. Our organization was founded to match underserved students across the United States with free online tutors to more safely help during this unprecedented crisis and beyond.
Historically, students in underserved communities are at greater risk of falling behind in academics and socio-emotional skills. Much like Hurricane Katrina, the COVID-19 crisis is exacerbating the plethora of academic and personal challenges these students already face. Our organization presents students in low-income communities with opportunities to strengthen subject comprehension and boost confidence. The needs, strengths, and voices of the impacted students drive our family-centered philosophy and evidence-based practices.
Together with our partners, Pandemic Professors combats adverse effects on learning resulting from the pandemic and exacerbated by poverty. Students in underserved communities don’t lack a hunger for knowledge, they lack the means to access quality tutoring. Pandemic Professors provides effective tools for students to complete their K-12 education, and we will continue to work with our students after the pandemic until the educational gap is resolved. We sincerely hope you consider joining us in the fight to improve the lives of students adversely affected by poverty and the pandemic.