Venus de Miles
Greenhouse Scholars is a community of leaders creating the ability for people of all backgrounds to live the life of their choosing. We are looking for an enthusiastic, passionate volunteer lead to recruit, communicate, and manage volunteers for our Venus de Miles cycling ride on August 28, 2020. This is an unpaid, volunteer role estimated at approximately 5 hours per week April through August, and required presence at Venus de Miles on Saturday, August 28, 2021 between 6 am and 6 pm.
Responsibilities would include:
- Recruitment of volunteers for Venus de Miles, including:
- Distribution of posters and flyers
- Social media posts for recruitment
- Outreach to local organizations to recruit groups
- Pre-event communications with volunteers including
- Confirmation of sign up
- Assignment of roles
- Description of expectations
- Creation and distribution of training materials
- Event Day Volunteer Coordination including
- Volunteer check-in
- Communication with volunteers during event
- Post-Event Volunteer Follow up
- Thank you email including volunteer experience survey
About Venus de Miles
Greenhouse Scholars, Attn: Venus de Miles, 1820 Folsom Street, Boulder, CO 80302, US
Venus de Miles is Colorado's largest all-women's cycling ride and finish festival, put on by and fully in support of Greenhouse Scholars. It is a one-day celebration of sisterhood that allows women to choose from different course lengths for different ability levels, and ride and celebrate their accomplishment in an environment of support and empowerment.
Greenhouse Scholars provides whole person support - financial, personal, and professional- to high-achieving, low-income students so they can succeed through college and become catalysts for lasting change. We are a community of mentors, professional networking contacts, corporate partners and sponsors, and supporters, working together to create positive generational change in low-income communities by creating the ability for people of all backgrounds to live the life of their choosing.