Health Care Outreach - Phonebanking Volunteer
Get Us PPE, Inc.
Get Us PPE’s mission is simple: We get donated PPE to those who need it most. We are the largest national nonprofit getting PPE to healthcare and other essential workers, free of charge. To request PPE donations, frontline workers register their PPE needs on our site. This information has allowed us to amass the most comprehensive nongovernmental database of PPE shortages in the United States.
As a Healthcare Outreach- Phone Banking volunteer, you will help us deliver upon our mission by ensuring the most underserved communities needs are represented in our database. Examples of our populations of focus include homeless communities, undocumented communities, group homes, and long-term care facilities.
In a typical week, you might...
- Contact facilities serving your assigned population of focus via phone or email to assess their current PPE needs
- Record all information shared by facilities with accuracy in our database
- Communicate with Sub-Team Leads your call progress
To be successful at this role on your first day, you will need:
- Excellent communication skills (via phone, email, virtual conferencing platforms, and instant messaging platforms)
- Ability to call facilities during 9 AM - 5 PM in any time zone
- Willingness to commit to volunteering at least between 2-6 hours for 1 week each month for a minimum of 3 months
Any of the following might help you feel more successful:
- Experience in a call center (or similar) setting
- Excellent organization skills, especially with large volumes of information and data
- Ability to operate a computer and and applications, such as Google Sheets and Microsoft Word and Excel
How to Apply
To apply, visit our website and fill out the volunteer application form .
About Get Us PPE, Inc.
Remote, Washington DC, DC 20009, US
We get donated PPE to those who need it most.
Get Us PPE is the largest national organization getting personal protective equipment (PPE such as masks, gloves, and isolation gowns) to frontline workers who need it most. As a nonprofit, we obtain PPE via donations and makers, then deliver it to under-resourced facilities at no cost to them. Fair and equitable distribution is vital to our mission.
Get Us PPE was founded by emergency physicians in late March 2020 in response to urgent PPE shortages. Within days, our team of 200+ volunteers from across the country came together to help. Our website has logged thousands of PPE requests from all 50 states, and we have delivered millions of units of PPE to nursing homes, hospitals, rural healthcare facilities, small clinics, homeless shelters, and indigenous communities.
As our nation’s PPE shortage evolves, we evolve our organization to also provide for schools, those impacted by natural disasters, and others in the midst of the PPE crisis.