I’ll Go First is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization dedicated to leveraging the power of storytelling and mobile technology to bridge the mental health treatment gap, promote mental well-being and prevent mental health disorders for populations affected by trauma in under-resourced communities around the world. Our mission is to ensure that everyone, in every location, has access to mental wellbeing and trauma recovery care and resources needed to find healing, cultivate a deeper purpose and restore their communities from within.
I’ll Go First provides education, resources, and referrals for mental health care treatment.
The "I’ll Go First Podcast" launched in January of 2020 and has released over 36 episodes on mental health-related subjects. This internship offers hands-on work experience and one-on-one mentorship from the Host & Production Team.
Essential Job Functions:
As related to the I’ll Go First Podcast:
· Write transcripts
· Manage guests for podcast production schedules
· Participate in pre-interview and live production
· Research and develop scripts, transcripts for podcast
· Collaborate with the Social Media Intern on content development and marketing assets
· Produce and manage YouTube Page (for podcast)
· Be familiar with editing programs (ex: Adobe Audition, Headliner, Sonix AI, Descript, etc)
· Actively engage in brainstorming sessions
· Aid in podcast promotion, sponsorships, and partnerships
· Remain current surrounding digital trends
Qualifications and Skills:
· Must be at least 18 years old
· Fluent English speaker. Bilingual (Spanish, Mandarin, or Arabic) a plus.
· Must have a bachelor’s degree in marketing, Journalism, or related field.
· Must have 2-4 years of professional experience.
· Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Education or experience in podcast, audio production, writing and editing, journalism, or similar
· Has an understanding of and a plan for self-care. (Our interns respond to stories of hope and pain daily, so they need to be able to balance the weight of that task while maintaining their own mental health.)
· Basic understanding of podcast formats and delivery methods
· Audio/video producing, recording, and editing experience
· Self-starter with an entrepreneurial mind-set
· Able to work independently under deadline pressure
· Social media savvy
· Clear and concise verbal and written communication skill
· Excellent interpersonal skills, be assertive and well organized
· Passion for mental health care and human rights
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Adobe Suite
· Passion and knowledge of trauma-informed care, mental health counseling, social work and/or psychology
· Understanding of the dynamics of domestic violence and other forms of victimization
· Experience working with vulnerable populations such as survivors of domestic violence, veterans, refugees and/or in humanitarian settings
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
· Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
· Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
· Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
· The position is 10-15 hours a week
· This position is remote
· Professional networking opportunities
· Opportunity to attend and/or assist with online events and campaigns
Center for Social Innovation, 601 West 26th St, 325-105, NEW YORK, NY 11385, US
I’ll Go First leverages the power of storytelling and low-cost digital tools to provide mental health and trauma recovery resources and support for communities around the world. We are working towards a world in which those most of need of mental health and trauma recovery care will have access to it, lead fulfilling lives, and that communities feel empowered and equipped to heal their communities from within.
We produce inspiring and educational media, create digital tools and resources, and build community to help people process their experiences, navigate healing, and empower them on their healing journeys.
Advocacy & Human Rights
Health & Medicine
Media & Broadcasting
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
March 18, 2021
Adobe Creative Suite
Must be at least 18
The position is 10-15 hours a week. This position is remote.
Please make your submission personal for us, include 2-3 writing samples (this can include social media) and why you are applying.