Arts Education Director
Organization: Maple Grove Arts Center
Role Type: 3-5 hours per week Commitment
Reporting to: Executive Director and or President
The Education Director is responsible for the day-to-day planning and execution of art classes at the Center. This position is responsible for coordinating classes, recruiting new instructors and subsequent training and management of all the instructors working at MGAC. The Education Director reports to the Executive Director who reports to the Board of Directors at MGAC. The Education Director is responsible for crafting an interesting and vibrant selection of both youth and adult classes
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Schedule and organize both adult and youth classes with teaching staff.
- Recruit teachers and provide training and orientation.
- Expand class offerings.
- Support the instructors and answer questions.
- Post and maintain classes on website
- Help publicize classes on social media.
- Produce a regularly updated flyer of class offerings for the space.
- Develop a system of obtaining feedback from attendees.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Ability to efficiently operate a personal computer and associated software (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- A working knowledge of Squarespace websites is preferred, but training can be given.
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Ability to interact in an effective and appropriate manner with diverse populations.
- Ability to detect and correct grammatical and spelling errors in written correspondence.
- Ability to maintain files accurately, in paper and in software programs.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
If you are interested, please contact Lise Spence-Parsons via e-mail at Lspencefirstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 763-607-3824
About Maple Grove Arts Center
11666 Fountains Drive, Maple Grove, Maple Grove, MN 55369, US
To provide fine art, musical, dance, comedic and theatrical exploration and appreciation opportunities
To become highly visible, vibrant and financially stable organization, offering quality art, education and art appreciation with extensive community participation, outreach and patron involvement.
Housing both gallery and studio space with a sought after downtown Maple Grove location, the Maple Grove Arts Center has been serving and sharing art with its community since 2009.
Several community groups utilize our space for meetings and shows. We have classes for children, seniors, beginning, intermediate and beyond!
MGAC has 6 -7 gallery shows per year. This gives our member and artist's many chances to exhibit and share their work.
11666 Fountains DriveMaple Grove, MN 55369
November 3, 2021
- Administrative Support
- Program Management
- Arts Administration
- People 55+
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- On average 3-5 hours per week. Could be more with some new instructor training times.
- Need a fun loving, ready for anything attitude!