10 people are interested
Marketing & Publicly Area Lead
ORGANIZATION: American Cancer Society
Please visit the new page to apply.
10 people are interested
The marketing lead creates, develops, and implements marketing and publicity to raise awareness for the American Cancer Society.
Individuals in this role will be able to coordinate, prepare, and implement a publicity and marketing strategy. Additionally, they will be familiar with or willing to learn how to utilize the resources and tools available to promote and market American Cancer Society programs and services as well as signature events.
SPECIFIC TASKS INCLUDE:
- Assist online and social communications lead in cultivating relationships with contacts in media outlets and other promotional organizations.
- Plan and implement strategies for event promotion, marketing materials, and resources.
- Assist online and social communications lead in messaging for online promotion.
- Provide opportunities for American Cancer Society volunteers to share stories.
- Develop relationships and serve as the primary contact with media outlets and other organizations with a broad reach including newspapers, radio, and television outlets, etc.
- Leverage relationships with business contacts and other supporters to promote the American Cancer Society.
- Work with local American Cancer Society staff to ensure that all marketing materials are available to share with volunteers in a timely manner.
- Meets regularly with staff to discuss goals and progress.
- Place articles in newsletters or magazines
- Set up radio interviews and ad campaign
- Arrange for television and newspaper coverage for day of event
- Arrange for reader board space at grocery stores, banks, etc.
- Organize a letters-to-the-editor campaign
- Work event staff to capture survivor/caregiver stories, team stories, etc. that you can pitch to media after events
- Work with all media contacts that show up events (newspaper, television)
- Submit article/picture to newspaper including final total raised and highlight any other success stories
These tasks can also be done by a team of volunteers that the Marketing Lead recruits, trains and leads. The Marketing Lead would schedule regular meetings with their committee members and assist where needed.
About American Cancer Society
4583 Worrall Way, Jacksonville, FL 32224, US
The American Cancer Society's mission is to save lives, celebrate lives, and lead the fight for a world without cancer.
The American Cancer Society is dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem by preventing cancer, saving loves and diminishing the suffering from cancer through research, education, advocacy and service.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 30, 2022
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Program Management
- Business Development
- Community Outreach
- Resource Development / Management
- 2-6 hours per week