Gift Shop Ambassador Volunteer
Position Overview: Be a part of the Retail Operations team and perform duties that are essential to the function of the Gift Shop at Butterfly Pavilion.
Key Duties & Activities:
- Guest Service- Welcoming all guests and patrons and providing the absolute best experience possible is the number one priority of the Retail Operations team.
- Cleaning - Help maintain the cleanliness of the gift shop, particularly in regards to Covid-19 precautions and protocols.
- Straightening- Help maintain a tidy and organized gift shop and keep spaces on and off the floor presentable.
- Stocking/Merchandising- Help replace products from back storage areas onto the floor as needed.
- Tagging- Physically tag new and existing products from inventory.
Minimum Age Requirement: 16
Commitment: Commit to at least one 4 hour shift per week for at least 6 months.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Interest and willingness to learn about the Gift Shop business behind the scenes and on the floor.
- Ability to work independently and complete tasks with minimal supervision once training has been provided.
- Ability to proactively engage with the public and work effectively as a team member.
- Ability to be organized and have a keen attention to detail
- Not easily discouraged by meticulous or repetitive tasks
- Clear dependability, reliability and flexibility
- This position requires moderate to strenuous physical activity due to receiving and restocking merchandise, as well as participating in moving merchandise in the store. Volunteers need be able to lift, push or pull multiple objects and boxes frequently, including objects from 10-50 pounds individually and 50-100+ pounds in pairs. This position requires standing for long periods of time, walking, bending, kneeling, and lifting.
Supervisor: Manager on Duty (Retail Manager, Assistant Retail Manager, Retail Director)
- Successfully complete New Volunteer and Intern Orientation and All Team Training
- Mentor with a Gift Shop Team Member to help you become familiar and comfortable with each process of our business.
- Support the efforts to keep amazing and diverse products moving into and out of the gift shop.
- Excite, entice and inspire our guests
- Be the face of the Butterfly Pavilion and Gift Shop to all of the wonderful guests that frequent the store
Benefits to volunteer:
- Increased knowledge regarding retail operations and products.
- Increase knowledge of sustainable products and companies
- Development of merchandising and sales skills, time management, customer service and interpersonal skills
- Enjoyment of being on the front line to see what is coming to the gift shop
- Opportunities for special discounts and promotions in the gift shop
- Help Butterfly Pavilion achieve mission
- Opportunity to be a part of experiencing the excitement and wonder our guests receive from visiting Butterfly Pavilion.
About Butterfly Pavilion
6252 West 104th Avenue, Westminster, CO 80020, US
Butterfly Pavilion exists to foster an appreciation of invertebrates by educating the public about the need to protect and care for threatened habitats globally, while conducting research for solutions in invertebrate conservation.
Butterfly Pavilion is the first stand-alone, Association of Zoos and Aquariums-accredited non-profit invertebrate zoo in the world and a leader in invertebrate knowledge, inspiration and connection. Whether it is providing unique, hands-on learning experiences in our exhibits and educational programs, conducting new research that sets the standard for zoos across the country or building innovative solutions for species and habitat conservation in countries around the world, Butterfly Pavilion is leading the way in ensuring invertebrates are protected for the future.