Front Desk Ambassador Volunteer
Position Overview: Front Desk Ambassador will assist with direct day-to-day operations of the front desk ensuring an excellent member and guest experience from the point of entry to the zoo, while processing box office and online admission tickets and selling and renewing memberships, thus honoring the Butterfly Pavilion’s mission and guaranteeing repeat guest and member visitation.
Key Duties & Activities
- Set the tone of the guest experience by creating a welcoming environment by greeting each guest and member with enthusiasm and processing admission with accuracy.
- Check in and process admission tickets and reservations through our ticketing software and POS system.
- Be knowledgeable about and follow policies and procedures.
- Answer the main phone line to direct calls to the appropriate departments.
- Take and process tickets reservations over the phone.
- Be knowledgeable about all areas of Butterfly Pavilion and accurately share the information with guests and members through face-to-face interactions, phone and email.
- Escalate any guest issues to manager on duty
- Sell and renew memberships to meet daily and weekly revenue goals.
- Be extremely knowledgeable about membership levels, pricing, policies and procedures.
- Address and escalate member issues and needs accurately and in a timely manner.
The Front Desk Ambassador is responsible for processing credit card or cash transactions after training.
Minimum Age Requirement: 18
Commitment: Volunteers will maintain a four hour shift three times a week depending on demand and availability. This position would be most beneficial between the hours of 9:00 am to 1:00 pm Monday through Friday. Weekends shifts are also available.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Positive, friendly and outgoing personality.
- Desire to engage with guests.
- Punctual and dependable attendance.
- Comfortable working with and interacting with children.
- Bilingual strongly encouraged.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with others.
- Experience in guest services, visitor information and centers, membership or hospitality highly preferred.
- Customer experience and cash handling experience.
- Multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of POS systems, Microsoft Office Suite and internet highly preferred
- Strong communications skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time.
- Work effectively in a fast-paced, noisy environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to moderately loud.
Supervisor: Director of Membership & Guest Experience and Membership & Guest Experience Coordinator.
- Guest Service and membership policies and procedures
- Ticketing and POS software and phone system.
Initial Impact: Front Ambassador provides a point of contact welcoming all and setting the tone for guest experience at Butterfly Pavilion.
- Play a role in our mission of transforming the way people think about invertebrates and educating the public about conservation.
- Create a positive guest experience to ensure repeat visits
- Help build our member and donor community
Benefits to Volunteer:
- Serve our community
- Opportunity to be a part of experiencing the excitement and wonder our guests receive from visiting Butterfly Pavilion.
About Butterfly Pavilion
6252 West 104th Avenue, Westminster, CO 80020, US
Butterfly Pavilion exists to foster an appreciation of invertebrates by educating the public about the need to protect and care for threatened habitats globally, while conducting research for solutions in invertebrate conservation.
Butterfly Pavilion is the first stand-alone, Association of Zoos and Aquariums-accredited non-profit invertebrate zoo in the world and a leader in invertebrate knowledge, inspiration and connection. Whether it is providing unique, hands-on learning experiences in our exhibits and educational programs, conducting new research that sets the standard for zoos across the country or building innovative solutions for species and habitat conservation in countries around the world, Butterfly Pavilion is leading the way in ensuring invertebrates are protected for the future.