Call Center & Reservation Ambassador Volunteer
Position Overview: Call Center and Reservation Ambassadors will assist the front desk with answering and transferring incoming calls, as well as making and processing ticket reservations over the phone.
Key Duties & Activities:
- Be knowledgeable about all areas of Butterfly Pavilion and accurately follow policies and procedures.
- Answer questions and transfer calls to the appropriate departments.
- Take and process timed entry reservations for free and discount tickets over the phone using our ticketing software.
Minimum Age Requirement: 18
Commitment: Volunteers will maintain a four hour shift three times a week depending on demand and availability. This position would be most beneficial between the hours of 9:00 am to 1:00 pm Monday through Friday.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Outgoing personality
- Proficiency with databases, POS and reservations systems.
- Provide excellent member and guest experience.
- Bilingual (Spanish-English) strongly encouraged.
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time.
- Work effectively in a fast-paced, noisy environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to moderately loud.
Supervisor: Director of Membership & Guest Experience and Membership & Guest Experience Coordinator.
- Guest Service policies and procedures, information on all areas of Butterfly Pavilion and the organizational core values.
- Ticketing and POS software and phone system.
- The Call Center and Reservation Ambassador provides a point of contact for guests at Butterfly Pavilion to answer questions and serve the community by providing guests who might not otherwise visit cultural institutions the chance to visit Butterfly Pavilion.
- Play a role in our mission of transforming the way people think about invertebrates and educating the public about conservation.
The Call Center and Reservation Ambassador creates a positive and helpful experience for callers inquiring about Butterfly Pavilion services to ensure repeat visits and an atmosphere of excellent guest service.
Benefits to Volunteer:
- Serve our community
- Set the stage for a positive, fun, learning environment at Butterfly Pavilion.
- Opportunity to be a part of experiencing the excitement and wonder our guests receive from visiting Butterfly Pavilion.
About Butterfly Pavilion
6252 West 104th Avenue, Westminster, CO 80020, US
Butterfly Pavilion exists to foster an appreciation of invertebrates by educating the public about the need to protect and care for threatened habitats globally, while conducting research for solutions in invertebrate conservation.
Butterfly Pavilion is the first stand-alone, Association of Zoos and Aquariums-accredited non-profit invertebrate zoo in the world and a leader in invertebrate knowledge, inspiration and connection. Whether it is providing unique, hands-on learning experiences in our exhibits and educational programs, conducting new research that sets the standard for zoos across the country or building innovative solutions for species and habitat conservation in countries around the world, Butterfly Pavilion is leading the way in ensuring invertebrates are protected for the future.