Blood Services Transportation Specialist CPMS - Omaha, NE
Blood Services: Transportation Specialist CPMS - Omaha NE
- Purpose To safely transport blood from collection sites to the lab for processing and/or deliver blood or blood products to hospital customers.
- Transport blood from collection site to Red Cross laboratory
- Transport finished blood or blood products to hospital customers as routine or "stat" deliveries
- Pick up empty boxes from hospitals as necessary
- Deliver supplies to blood collection sites as needed
- Complete required paperwork and obtain signatures as necessary
- Communicate with Red Cross staff on feedback from customers or any urgent issues
- Drive in a safe and responsible manner as a representative of the American Red Cross
- Willingness to support the Red Cross mission, required
- Valid state driver's license and 3 years of licensed driving experience, required
- Familiarity with geographic area and driving routes, required
- Able to verify safe driving record (Note: An MVR check will be completed as a part of the interview process for this position), required
- Current insurance and state registration if using personal vehicle, required
- Ability to lift 45 lbs., required
- Successful completion of American Red Cross Transportation Specialist Training and Defensive Driving course upon acceptance in position, required
About American Red Cross of Nebraska-Iowa Region
2912 S 80th Ave, Omaha, NE 68124, US
Mission Statement: The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. Vision Statement The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that... ...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope; ...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters; ...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products; ...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and ...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
Since our founding by Clara Barton on May 21, 1881, the American Red Cross has been dedicated to serving people in need. We received our first congressional charter in 1900 and to this day we are tasked by the federal government with providing services to members of the American armed forces and their families as well as providing disaster relief in the United States and around the world.
Today, as throughout our long history, the Red Cross depends on generous contributions of time, blood, and money from the American public to support our lifesaving services and programs.
Multiple locations Omaha, NE 68105
October 8, 2021
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18