Help The American Red Cross by Becoming a Receiving Specialist!
American Red Cross - Southeastern Pennsylvania Region
We need help at the Philadelphia Spring Garden Blood Donor Center! See more info below, and reach out if you're interested!
- Answer door when delivery of blood and blood products arrive at 700 Spring Garden location
- Remove boxes from vehicle, load on a cart and deliver to receipt and triage
- Once boxes are emptied by manufacturing staff, remove boxes from area and place in appropriate location on the loading dock
- Runner for supplies
- Make boxes as needed
- Willingness to support Red Cross mission
- Ability to accurately sort containers chronologically by type
- Experience to demonstrate reliability and punctuality
- Must be able to regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
Shifts would be between 3pm and 8pm Monday-Friday
- Gain valuable training/experience while providing an invaluable service to the community
- Validate experience for resume
- Opportunity to become a volunteer leader
Length of Appointment
Work with Manufacturing department and Volunteer Manager
- On-the-Job Training (provided)
About American Red Cross - Southeastern Pennsylvania Region
2221 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether its one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.