1 person is interested
Blood saves lives! Blood drive help needed in Buffalo County, Nebraska
1 person is interested
The need for blood is constant and is irreplaceable, our community understands this need and is responding greatly to donate blood which is why now more than ever our Collections staff needs your help.
Fill our incredibly important volunteer position, take temperatures of each of our donors at blood drives for staff to continue focusing on the continuing life-saving mission of blood collection, provide friendly service to each donor, and follow up post donation with refreshments and snacks.
Preventative and protective efforts are in place, protective equipment is provided to all staff and volunteers, and we practice safe distancing by spacing beds, regularly clean areas, and pre-screening all blood donors to assure healthy and eligible donors are able to give.
Are you 18 years or older and ready to respond to this urgent need? We need you now, become a Blood Donor Ambassadors today!
- Model excellent customer service behaviors . Greet donors, escort as necessary and assist with initial intake and hand offs through the blood donation process
- Ensure blood donors have relevant information and that questions are answered appropriately while creating a favorable impression of the blood donation process.
- Learn and share the Red Cross story, including the mission, vision, and values
- Attend to donors in the Hospitality Area by ensuring that each donor is recognized for his/her contribution and watched for possible adverse physical reactions
- Set up and maintain cleanliness in Reception and Hospitality Areas
- Work with collections team supervisor or charge staff to help convert right type donors to donations with maximum impact
- Responsible to inform donors of current and upcoming donation promotions
- May make reminder calls, re-schedule donor appointments, and perform follow up activities as directed
I look forward to helping you start your Red Cross Journey.
About American Red Cross of Nebraska-Iowa Region
2912 S 80th Ave, Omaha, NE 68124, US
Mission Statement: The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. Vision Statement The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that... ...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope; ...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters; ...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products; ...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and ...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
Since our founding by Clara Barton on May 21, 1881, the American Red Cross has been dedicated to serving people in need. We received our first congressional charter in 1900 and to this day we are tasked by the federal government with providing services to members of the American armed forces and their families as well as providing disaster relief in the United States and around the world.
Today, as throughout our long history, the Red Cross depends on generous contributions of time, blood, and money from the American public to support our lifesaving services and programs.
Multiple locations Elm Creek, NE 68836
November 2, 2021
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- prefer one blood drive shift a month