2 people are interested
Volunteer and recruitment coordinator for growing wildlife non-profit
ORGANIZATION: SAFE WORLDWIDE (SAVING ANIMALS FACING EXTINCTION)
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
Responsible for interviewing and hiring volunteers and placing them in different roles at SAFE Worldwide based on their qualifications. Help them progress, grow and work with other volunteers to ensure their needs are met, they grow in the roles and help address any issues that arise.
Create and write up the volunteer job description to attract the right people. Provides volunteers with a description of the basic duties and responsibilities required for the position while highlighting the mission and culture of the organization. Managing volunteers, ensure they are still performing, engaged, and feel wanted in the organization.
Figure out if they are still in the right role or need to move into another position. Ensures volunteers have filled out the volunteer waiver form and keep track of any documents pertaining to volunteers.
Est time 2hrs/wk
About SAFE WORLDWIDE (SAVING ANIMALS FACING EXTINCTION)
15827 POPPY LN, MONTE SERENO, CA 95030, US
SAFE Worldwide, Inc., is a 501(c )(3) non-profit dedicated to innovative solutions that urgently address the survival of the world’s most endangered and vulnerable species, through education, conservation, and activism efforts.
SAFE Worldwide is Saving Animals Facing Extinction (SAFE). We partner with many local communities around the world to help with the survival of endangered species and reduce ecological threats in those regions. Our activities include, but not limited to:
· Collaborating with local NGOs to provide programs that offer conservationally-sound alternatives for people who otherwise depend upon poaching and the bushmeat trade for their livelihoods.
· Partnering with wildlife rehabilitation facilities that share our unwavering commitment to the welfare of each animal, by either ensuring the animal’s full release back into the wild, or providing a safe, natural, species-appropriate environment for the animal to live out its life. the
· Organizing and conducting educational programs and initiatives in schools, through our website and within communities surrounding endangered species’ habitats, to foster the awareness and understanding that human survival is inextricably linked to the survival of other species.
· Working with wildlife researchers, conservation biologists, social-scientists, governments and community leaders to develop, implement and assess solutions focusing on the reduction of human-wildlife conflicts
· Providing an information resource for the public to better understand the problems facing our imperiled wildlife, and
· Many, many other actions focused on protecting endangered species
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 30, 2022
- Environmental Education
- Animal Care / Handling
- Est time 2-3hrs/wk