Parkinson's Foundation: Moving Day Sacramento Event
Moving Day Sacramento (May 15, 2021) is a community fundraising event that unites people in the Sacramento area affected by Parkinson's disease. Normally this event is a 5k walk, but this year it will be contactless drive thru event.
We are looking for three types of volunteer opportunities for Moving Day:
- Day-of volunteers to direct traffic, hand items to participants in their cars, and help with setup and tear down
- Volunteers to form teams, recruit friends and family to join their teams, and help fundraise leading up to the event. This opportunity is virtual
- Volunteers to help us promote on social media and local news stations leading up to the event. This opportunity is virtual.
For more information, please visit www.movingdaysacramento.org.
About Parkinson's Foundation
200 SE 1st Street, Ste 800, Miami, FL 33131, US
The Parkinson’s Foundation makes life better for people with Parkinson’s disease by improving care and advancing research toward a cure. In everything we do, we build on the energy, experience and passion of our global Parkinson’s community.
We are the Parkinson’s Foundation. A community. An alliance. A movement. Where people living with Parkinson’s, families, caregivers, scientists, advocates, donors and volunteers join forces to improve lives and advance toward a cure.
For over half a century, we’ve made tangible progress on all fronts, from the largest clinical study of Parkinson’s ever, which has significantly improved care, to breakthrough treatments. Today, we continue to:
- Provide life-changing support to people living with Parkinson’s and their caregivers
- Fund game-changing research on treatment and care
- Convene the best minds from every corner of the global Parkinson’s community to find new approaches that enhance care and move us closer to a cure.
Everything we do is based on experience and informed by facts. The people we serve deserve nothing less than the highest level of support based on validated research and deep encouragement grounded in reality. Our donors and volunteers need to know that we are 100% accountable. This is why we focus on verifiable outcomes, not vague promises.
In partnership with the entire Parkinson’s community, we are making a real difference in people’s lives. And we have the research, the data - and the stories - to prove it. This is what happens when we all pull together as one global, determined and inspired movement. Better Lives. Together.