C. A. V. E
Corporate Secretary duties include the following:
- Active conduit of communication between the Board of Directors, Management and staff
- Gives proper notice of any meetings
- Timely distributes materials (agendas, meetings, et al)
- Knowledgeable of organization's records and related materials
- Provides advice and resources to the Board of Directors on relevant topics at issue
- ex. Governance matters pertaining to nonprofits
- ex. Ne Amendment or state corporate law pertaining to nonprofits
- Know and comply with notice requirements and scheduling meetings to accommodate the Board of Directors
- Schedule Board meetings ensuring adequate number of meetings are held per the by-law
- Record minutes of meetings. Ensure each attendant receives a copy of the minutes
- Custodian of the organization's records
- Meet legal requirements
- ex. Annual filing deadlines
- State information update requirements et al.
- Review and update documents as needed
- Ensure all documents are stored safely and readily accessible for inspection by the Board of Directors and Executive Officers
- Knowledgeable about voting member structure requiring additional notice procedures and voting.
U.S. Resident only. Must be 21 years of age. Prefer SC, NC, or GA residents. Will be required to visit the SC headquarters periodically. Must have proven secretarial experience. No convicted felons. Must have lived, currently reside or born and raised in a rural area. Please submit a current resume'
About C. A. V. E
814 W John Paul Jones Rd, Effingham, SC 29541, US
To make an impact by bringing awareness & advocacy to sparsely populated Rural America by offering Outreach programs & services, education, sports & recreation programs to promote development and mobility to all.
I, Kimberly Wilson, Chairperson of the Board of Directors joined a lifelong SC native and resident to create C. A. V. E. This is a fairly new nonprofit organization but my nonprofit experience spans 2 decades. I have served on 2 nonprofit board of directors and have founded and operated a nonprofit in Florida many years ago. I bring loyalty, diligence & the drive to succeed to my new nonprofit and require the same values of all directors.