GRAIN PACKERS-Beth-El Farmworkers Ministry
ORGANIZATION: Seniors in Service of Tampa Bay, Inc.
Please visit the new page to apply.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Rice and beans are added to the food bags each week. Grain Packers fill smaller bags from the contents of larger containers so that Grocery Baggers can place those bags in the containers to be distributed.
Must be able to stand for at least 2 hours
Be able to lift 25 pounds
Must wear closed-toe shoes
Work at least two hours a week when possible. Volunteers are scheduled in advance. Your schedule will vary based on the need, the number of available volunteers, and your availability.
Training: No training required. Workers will be instructed on what to do upon arrival.
74 More opportunities with Seniors in Service of Tampa Bay, Inc.6 Reviews
About Seniors in Service of Tampa Bay, Inc.
1306 West Sligh Ave., Tampa, FL 33604, US
Seniors in Service of Tampa Bay provides solutions to community challenges by engaging volunteers aged 55+
Programs Offered Through Seniors in Service:
Foster Grandparent Program (FGP)
- The Foster Grandparent Program recruits senior volunteers (55+) to go into schools and after-school programs to mentor at-risk and special needs children and provide them with one-on-one, individualized attention
Senior Companion Program (SCP)
- The Senior Companion Program recruits senior volunteers (55+) to go into the homes of homebound, elderly clients and provide them with companionship and assistance.
Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP)
- The RSVP Program recruits senior volunteers(55+) to participate more fully in the life of the community through volunteer service. The program matches the considerable wealth of knowledge, skills, and experience of this vital and rapidly growing age group with the addressing of critical needs and unresolved issues in our community.
Operation Veteran Connect
- Provides companionship to veterans, enabling them to live independently. Supports the VA in supporting providing Whole Health support to veterans.
Seniors in Service values diversity. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, ages, gender and/or those with disabilities are encouraged to engage with our organization.
18240 Highway 301 SouthWimauma, FL 33598
March 17, 2023
- Cooking / Catering
- Food & Beverage Services
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Food Service
- People 55+
- Must be at least 55
- Must be able to stand for at least 2 hours
- Must wear closed-toe shoes