Oceanside Museum of Art
Oceanside Museum of Art (OMA) is looking for a Development Intern. OMA seeks to add an individual to the team who has preferably worked with museums, arts, and/or cultural organizations and understands the non-profit sector. The Development Intern will assist and support the museum’s growing development initiatives - the position will be primarily focused on assisting the Development Manager and perform duties as assigned. Some tasks and projects may overlap with Membership.
Qualifications: Candidate should possess excellent communication skills and have strong administrative skills. Must possess the ability to work independently, and juggle multiple priorities. The ideal candidate will be a creative problem-solver and have good interpersonal skills. Attention to detail a must.
This position reports directly to the Director of Development and will work in collaboration with all OMA staff to deliver development goals.
Several principal areas of responsibility associated with this position:
Manage the museum’s donor cultivation database Altru
- Manage donor cultivation tracking activities in Altru (or other sites related to projects/events/activities)
- Enter notes and documentations for constituents
- Assist in coordinating donor relations and recognition activities
- Assist in tracking donor campaign progress
Duties pertaining to Donor Events
- Assist with event marketing including mailing list management, and provide support for social media posts, e-blasts, press releases, and ad space
- Assist in tracking event sponsorship, underwriting, and tickets sales
- Assist in the execution of post-event wrap-up and reconciliation
- Assist in the oversight and planning of smaller events such as donor appreciation events
- Assist Membership Manager and Development Manager to launch a new/annual fundraising event - annual appeals
- Research, prepare, track, and report on different grant, campaigns, and other ongoing projects
- Develop relationships with local government officials to strengthen support
Other duties as required: Assure the safety of visitors, staff, works of art, and museum facility by following and enforcing all related policies and procedures.
- Self-starter able to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of art and cultural arts organizations
- Attentive to detail
- Able to collaborate with other department leads, volunteers, interns
About Oceanside Museum of Art
704 Pier View Way, Oceanside, CA 92054, US
The Oceanside Museum of Art presents provocative, contemporary exhibitions from the region and around the world. We offer art instruction at the OMA School of Art, concerts, films, lectures, docent tours, and the OMA Museum Store. Oceanside Museum of Art is a gathering place where friends meet to share and enjoy the rich cultural experiences available in the region.
Volunteers are the mainstay of Oceanside Museum of Art and we want you! OMA volunteers work once a week, once a month or every other week for a three hour assignment. Volunteering at Oceanside Museum of Art is a great way to meet people and be a part of the museum. Ask a friend to volunteer with you and make it an opportunity to get together and stay in touch. You will become acquainted with the art and artists of the region as well as your neighbors in the community. The museum is leading the wave of change in Oceanside that is evident by the vibrant arts and cultural life developing in downtown Oceanside. If you have a few hours a week and want to be involved with an exciting and growing cultural program, please call our volunteer Coordinator Claire Youngstrom 760-757-9307, or email Danielle@oma-online.org . Volunteers are needed during the daytime, on weekends, and for special evening events. Museum hours are Tuesday through Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Sunday from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m.
Oceanside Museum of Art is located at 704 Pier View Way, one block north of Mission Avenue on the corner of Ditmar in downtown Oceanside within walking distance from the Oceanside Transit Center with stops for the Coaster, Sprinter, Amtrak and Metrolink. Free all day street parking is available one block east of the museum or at the Civic Center parking garage on Ditmar and Pier View Way. The museum Web site offers information and photographs of the museum and its programs, www.oma-online.org .