Clean Up at Clearwater Beach Recreation Center
City of Clearwater, Parks and Recreation
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
SIGN UP REQUIRED: https://www.givepulse.com/event/227262
*Capacity and parking are limited*
What's better than cleaning up our environment, being part of the solution, and enjoying some nice views at Clearwater Beach Rec Center? Join the City of Clearwater Volunteer Programs and other community volunteers in cleaning up around the center, marina, and boat launch. Let's keep our public spaces clean and beautiful for all to enjoy!
The capacity of this event is limited to 6 volunteers to ensure social distancing. Masks are required when physical distancing cannot be maintained.
Steps when you arrive to Clearwater Beach Rec Center:
- Park on the east end of lot 38 in the spots marked for recreation and library users. Go into the Clearwater Beach Recreation Center to get a green hang tag to hang on your mirror for free parking.
- See staff person at front desk to sign in.
- They will get you supplies (trash picker, bucket, trash bags), and directions on where to clean up and the location of the dumpster.
- Please stay hydrated. There is a water fountain in the recreation center, but be prepared with your own drinks.
- Wear clothes and shoes that are safe and that you do not mind getting a little dirty.
- You can bring your own work gloves and sunscreen if you desire.
- When you are finished, please return supplies to the recreation center and sign out.
We will see you there!
About City of Clearwater, Parks and Recreation
Municipal Services Building, 100 S. Myrtle Avenue, Clearwater, FL 33756, US
The City of Clearwater, Parks & Recreation Department relies on the generosity of its volunteers. With their help, we are able to provide our community with meaningful community programs and events, and beautiful landscapes to work, play, and live in. We welcome you to join our team by becoming a volunteer!
The Parks and Recreation Volunteer Program is committed to:
- Offering you a positive and worthwhile experience.
- Offering a wide variety of opportunities and flexible schedules for all volunteers.
- Offering local students a variety of opportunities to earn education service hours and complete projects, such as Bright Futures and Eagle Badges.
- Completing a local law enforcement background check and Florida Sexual Offender check on all registered, long-term volunteers or anyone working with children.
- Insuring the safety of all volunteers, staff and citizens who interact with us.
- Acknowledging the efforts and time of all volunteers through various means of appreciation.
- Accepting students, adults, individuals, groups, businesses and other community organizations that wish to give their time and talents to improve the City of Clearwater and it’s Parks and Recreation services, facilities and programs.
- Treating all volunteers equally regardless of age, sex, color, race, national origin, religious preference, political beliefs, or disabilities that do not prohibit performance of volunteer.