Parish Social Ministry (PSM), a program of Catholic Charities of Southeast Texas, strives to assist parishioners through the parish community, to understand and act on Catholic Social Teachings.This is achieved by identifying, supporting, and training leaders who will organize people and activities around four specific, complementary ministries:
- Direct Service
- Legislative Advocacy
- Community Organizing
- Global Solidarity
The common thread that weaves all this together is regular formation, education, and reflection on Catholic Social Teaching.
The principles of Catholic Social Teaching:
- Life and Dignity of the Human Person
- Call to Family, Community, and Participation
Rights and Responsibilities
- Option for the Poor and Vulnerable
- The Dignity of Work and the Right of Workers
- Care for God's Creation
Volunteers are needed to assist with research on environmental issues in Southeast Texas' Golden Triangle.The research would require looking up data on the internet, making phone calls, and looking through books.Volunteers will be under guidance of the PSM Director and Volunteer Coordinator when looking up information.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Internet Research
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Drivers for Hospitality Center
- Disaster Response Volunteer
- Cooks Needed for the Hospitality...
- General Office Support...
- Case Aide Volunteer - Disaster...
- Clerical Support for Immigration...
- Research Volunteer
- Elijah's Place Volunteer...
- Elijah's Place Kitchen Volunteer
- Disaster Response Volunteers
- Licensed Facilitator for...