Young Adults Ministry Coordinator
Target Staff Type Supported/Volunteer
Work Location JAARS Waxhaw
Provide care and oversight for missionary kids (MKs) who have graduated from high school, both those in the vicinity of JAARS, as well as those living around the US.
You can help to increase the longevity and effectiveness of missionary families, and help prepare the next generation of missionaries.
- Lead a weekly Bible study for post high school MKs living around JAARS.
- Help students connect with one another.
- Follow up with MKs on a one on one basis as needed.
- Maintain connection with Wycliffe MKs at colleges, especially their transition freshman year. Do periodic campus visits. Send occasional care packages/encouragement notes.
- Help promote and sponsor regional retreats in conjunction with Mu Kappa.
- Connect MKs interested in missions with mission organization recruitment.
- A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS
- Enjoy working with post-high school students
- Be able to lead a Bible study
- Experience in youth or college ministry is a plus
- Aware of third-culture kids (TCK)/MK issues is a plus
- Full Child Safety Compliance
- Intercultural Course offered via JAARS
7405 Jaars Rd, PO Box 248, WAXHAW, NC 28173, US
JAARS' mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media and training.
JAARS is a multidisciplinary team of problem-solvers who are committed to the belief and the vision that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
We are a community of missionaries, volunteers and a few employees who work together to accomplish the Great Commission goal of providing Scripture to every people group on earth in the language they understand best - their heart language. We do that by supporting Bible translation and language development partners globally and by working with prayer and financial partners in the United States to help make a range of unique on-the-field solutions possible.