Youth Advisor Board Primary Lead
Girls Are Powerful Organization
Description : Girls Are Powerful is seeking a Youth Advisory Board Lead to guide and work with the current members between the ages of 13-17 on projects, meetings, and events. In this position you will lead, organize, and direct all Youth Advisory Board meetings, work with members to design projects, campaigns, and events that engage their surrounding community, communicate with all members outside of meetings, and attend Girls are Powerful Team Lead meetings to provide updates on Youth Advisory Board activities.
Girls Are Powerful is seeking a Youth Advisory Board Lead to work with and guide the ten current members ages 13-17 through projects, meetings, and events. The lead will organize and direct all Youth Advisory Board held meetings, support the members in creative information sharing techniques both via social media and other engaging ways, communicate with the members outside of meeting times to go over biweekly responsibilities / answer remaining questions, and attend Girls Are Powerful team lead meetings to give updates on the latest Youth Advisory Board activities.
- Create structured agendas for each board meetings
- Tap into members creativity and innovation
- Foster meaningful youth participation
- Assist members in the development of their self-confidence, leadership, and communication skills
- Coordinate board meetings with a co-lead
- Delegate bi-weekly roles and responsibilities for each board member
- Communicate goals, upcoming projects, and deadlines during members and via email
- Provide members with continuous support and assess their individual needs throughout the term
- Update Girls Are Powerful founder with team performance and inquiries
- Deliver 2-3 projects each month
- High school diploma or equivalent; Associate or Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working with young adults
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Experience with Google Docs, cloud services, and other technology tools
- The ability to proficiently navigate Zoom
- Knowledgeable in technology to communicate via computer, smartphone, or text
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to work with diverse youth
- Positive attitude and interest in community engagement
- Highly organized and able to multitask and work well with fast-paced directions and instruction
- Able to manage time effectively and efficiently
- Able to meet deadlines
- Self-directed and able to work without supervision
About Girls Are Powerful Organization
P.O. Box 280462, St. Paul, MN 55128, US
To build and enhance the self esteem of girls and young women by inspiring them to recognize and embrace their natural qualities of beauty, uniqueness, confidence, intellect and determination.
Girls Are Powerful is a 501c3 non-profit organization with a social mission to empower girls to foster strength of character, change the way they view and feel about themselves and embrace their unique individuality. Through our key initiatives we work to carry out our vision to "support and create a generation of girls and young women who are confident, maintain positive relationships, make positive decisions and exhibit responsible behaviors by embracing their power."