Teens Needed for Virtual Homework Zone at Sacramento Public Library
Sacramento Public Library
Sacramento Public Library is currently recruiting teen volunteers for our Virtual Homework Zone program.
Every week, students in Kindergarten through 8th grades drop in at the Virtual Homework Zone, where trained teen coaches help them complete their school assignments.
Interested in joining other teens in this opportunity to serve your community, gain work experience, and receive mentoring from library staff? Consider applying!
- Must be a current Sacramento County high school student under 18 years of age
- Must be available Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday afternoons between 3:30 and 5:30 p.m.
- Must have access to an internet connected computer with full zoom compatibility
- Previous volunteering, homework help, or tutoring experience preferred but not required
- Interview and confirmation of a 3.0 GPA required (no disqualification if it slipped below 3.0 during the spring 2020 or fall 2020 semesters)
- Bilingual applicants are very welcome
**All candidates for the position will be required to complete volunteer paperwork and attend an orientation and training session before starting.
About Sacramento Public Library
Volunteer Services, 828 I Street, Sacramento, CA 95814, US
Sacramento Public Library inspires our communities to discover, learn and grow.
Public libraries in California seek to engage the talents, skills and commitment of volunteers to serve the communities' information and literacy needs. Libraries offer a variety of skilled volunteer opportunities to make a meaningful contribution to library programs, operations, fundraising events and other community engagement functions. Skilled volunteers have opportunities to lead projects, work with teams of staff and volunteers, learn new skills, and have fun.