8 people are interested
Business Support Volunteers
8 people are interested
Are you interested in working with BIPOC businesses to create a world of equity in business? The BSF Business Support Team is searching for volunteers to:
- Help us communicate with business applicants to make sure their grant applications are complete (including following up on missing information)
- Research resources (for accounting, grant-writing, etc.) for us to pass on to applicants who request them
- Attend monthly Business Support Committee meetings
- Carry out other responsibilities to fulfill organizational needs as necessary
For more information on our Business Support Program, please visit: https://www.bipocsupportfoundation.org/business-support
About BIPOC Support Foundation
4231 Balboa Avenue, #1284, San Diego, CA 92117, US
BIPOC Support Foundation is committed to empowering the lives and communities of Black, Indigenous and Persons of Color by providing resources, education, mentorship, and economic support.
BIPOC Support Foundation is a nonprofit organization formed by business professionals and community leaders with a common goal: to provide the necessary foundation on which to uplift and support diverse business owners, future community builders, and women+ leaders. We empower the BIPOC community with tools to sustain itself via donations, resources, and mentorship.
- BSF's Business Support provides BIPOC businesses with grants, media promotion, business resources, and referrals. We are building equal opportunities for businesses that are statistically less likely to be granted loans, to have a support system, and to survive through economic struggles. So far, our Hardship Grants have funded six businesses!
- Fall 2021: Our Education Initiative will offer resources, programs, and training to students of every age. We will provide decolonized educational material in the areas of history, financial literacy, mindfulness, and child safety & awareness. We will work with educators to provide collaborative, dynamic, and holistic training that strengthens the individual, the community, and the future.
- Launching 2021: Women+s WORK envisions a world where BIPOC women+ thrive beyond socio-political constructs that both historically and currently hinder their progress. To this end, we will work to create education, career, and wellness programs that allow women+ to forge pathways to success. We use the term "women+" to include all trans women and gender non-conforming people.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 26, 2021
- Grant Writing / Research
- Community Outreach
- Resource Development / Management
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- 1-3 hours/week. We're happy to work with your schedule.
- 2 references - 1 professional, 1 personal is preferred.