BRAVE STEP INC
Are you comfortable and adept at WordPress? Yes. Well hello. We need a talented volunteer once or twice a month to update content on Brave Step’s website. Apply online at bravestep.org/volunteer.
The ideal candidate would have the following capabilities and qualities:
- Demonstrate a passion for the mission and vision of Brave Step.
- Strong writing skills are required, specifically business writing skills (grammar, professional copy, and correspondence).
- Attention to detail and organization a necessity.
About BRAVE STEP INC
970 STAFFORD FARM RD, CONCORD, NC 28025, US
Brave Step empowers individuals who have been impacted by sexual abuse. To shape a strong, supportive community, we: • Provide personalized services that help adults impacted by sexual abuse reclaim the life they deserve; • Foster brave public conversations about sexual abuse; and • Cultivate courageous changemakers.
Brave Step equips adult survivors, loved ones and the community with the skills and understanding to shape a strong, supportive community.
How do we do that? In a number of ways:
- Adult Survivor Care: Adult survivors deserve to lead their best life, one that is not defined by or limited by past abuse. To help survivors reclaim the life they deserve, Brave Step presents a multi-faceted healing model that includes individual counseling, group therapy, peer-led support groups, empowerment programs, and ways to find one’s voice.
- Care for Loved Ones: We believe that educating and supporting the loved ones of a survivor is a critical component to giving survivors the best possible chance to heal. We offer therapeutic interventions for loved ones and a supportive, understanding place to process their emotions.
- Community Education: Fostering brave public conversations about sexual abuse must be at the heart of what we do. It is our responsibility to inform the community on the impact of sexual abuse, preventative measures to take and how we can collectively fight this pervasive issue.
- Changemakers: By harnessing the passion and courage of survivors, loved ones and the community, Brave Step nurtures the skills, understanding and strength to become a changemaker on this pervasive issue. We curate, educate and activate through training curriculums, policy education, storytelling, survivor advocacy and more.