SQSH is searching for a Fundraising Coordinator to plan and implement community-centered fundraising campaigns. SQSH collects donations via multiple platforms, including cash, check, Venmo, CashApp, PayPal, ActBlue, Facebook, and Instagram, with the goal of financially sustaining SQSH for as long as possible.
APPLY AT: https://www.thesqsh.org/volunteer.html
We welcome individuals from all backgrounds to join our supportive, empowering community of dedicated LGBTQIA+ persons and allies. Our volunteers' diverse and unique strengths, skills, and personalities make SQSH's work possible. We are committed to creating a non-hierarchical organization that values mutual trust and every member's opinion. When you join our team, you will gain an equal voice in SQSH's operations along with every other member of our organization.
Please note that due to capacity issues, we are only able to accept applications from high-commitment volunteers who are able to do the work reliably and communicate consistently. For the sustainability of our organization, we require all volunteers to commit to working with SQSH for at least 6 months in order to consider your application.
What to expect after you apply:
- Our Recruitment Team will email you within three weeks of receiving your application to set up a 1-hour onboarding interview with you over Zoom.
- During the interview, we will ask you questions to get to know your interests and skills better. We welcome you to ask us questions too to learn more about SQSH and what you want to get out of your volunteering experience.
- If we mutually find that your skills and experiences are a good fit for SQSH, within two weeks after your interview, we will email you to invite you into your new role in SQSH and attach your onboarding assignments.
- During your first Team Meeting, we will introduce you to the team, delegate tasks and roles, update everyone on mutual progress made since the last meeting, and wrap up with to-do items going forward.
- In between monthly meetings, we will check in with you regularly to keep you accountable to the tasks you'd committed to. We appreciate your commitment to volunteering with SQSH and want to do everything we can to make being involved with SQSH as fulfilling for you as possible!
All volunteer positions are currently remote due to the COVID-19 pandemic. No prior experience is needed. Folx who have personal experiences with or strong understandings of multiple marginalized identities (e.g. queer+ & trans folx of color) are especially encouraged to apply. Stipends may be available to low-income applicants on a case-by-case basis. All SQSH members must:
- Be willing to learn about intersectionality and how it is important to SQSH's work
- Be willing to self-reflect on their own areas and experiences of privilege and oppression
- Be open to learning, growth, and self-improvement
- Adopt an anti-oppressive, justice-centered, and trauma-informed approach to their role
- Be committed to active listening, peer support, and emotional processing
- Be willing to support fellow members of a team
- Have a passion for serving the St. Louis LGBTQIA+ community
- Be available for Team Meetings on Saturday 10AM-12PM once every four weeks (currently held over Zoom)
- Fill out an application at https://www.thesqsh.org/volunteer.html
About ST LOUIS QUEER+ SUPPORT HELPLINE
561 Kingsland Ave, PO Box 184, SAINT LOUIS, MO 63130, US
Our mission is to serve and strengthen the St. Louis LGBTQIA+ community--by providing an empathetic listening ear, by connecting callers safely and reliably to LGBTQIA-affirming resources, and by advocating for LGBTQIA+ concerns, needs, and resources in the St. Louis MO-IL Metro Area.
We are a community-based non-profit organization focused on creating opportunities and spaces for LGBTQIA+ individuals in the St. Louis MO-IL Metro Area to lead fulfilling lives. Our Peer Support Helpline provides free, confidential, and identity-affirming emotional support and resource referrals, by and for the St. Louis LGBTQIA+ community.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 15, 2021
- Donor Management
- People Skills
- Project Management
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- 6-8 hours a week.