Transporter- Dog Pickup/Drop Off
Stand Up Pups
Transporter for Dogs being rescued:
Locations: All around Georgia*
- Be our go to transporter when we need to save a dog from the shelter and drop them off at a fosters home or vet clinic
- Must have a valid drivers license and a car that can house a dog crate for safe and secure transport.
- Must have a working phone to communicate your times of pick up and drop off
- Will need to safe paperwork the shelter provides on pick up and give it to the foster or vet clinic on drop off.
- We are located in Marietta, Ga but we pull dogs from shelters all around Georgia. You will not always need to drive directly to a shelter that may be 2 hours away, we work with volunteers that for the most part can meet our transporter at halfway point to help with travel
- You can save your receipts for gas and provide that to your accountant for your taxes, as we are a nonprofit, you will show that as charity work and apply it to your taxes.
- We will not pay for gas or pay for this role, this is a volunteer position.
- Be comfortable with and passionate about being around dogs, friendly with them and be able to handle dogs that are scared, timid, or very hyper.
- We will provide you leashes and collars to keep in your car, and provide the crate as well.
- Always have crate, water, leash and collar in car
- Love animals and want to help a small organization
About Stand Up Pups
640 Creekwood Trail Northeast, Marietta, GA 30068, US
Stand Up Pups is a non-profit 501c3 animal rescue. We are a 100% foster based rescue, although our end goal is to one day build a sanctuary to home dogs in need until they find their forever home. Our mission is to promote spay/neuter, help decrease the number of dogs being killed every second, and work towards making a dent in the overcrowded shelters, saving lives of strays and abandoned animals.
Stand Up Pups rescued its first abused, neglected from a high kill shelter on March 9th 2020. Since then, we have rescued as many dogs as we possibly could by recruiting foster parents. We have saved dogs of all ages and sizes. We have rescued litters of puppies that were dumped on the street. We have rescued a pregnant dog and birthed 7 wonderful puppies. We have successfully found each dog their forever home. We have now saved 71 dogs! We treat all their medical needs, from spay and neuter, heartworm treatment, vaccinate, microchip, surgeries for other health conditions. We are run by the owner and ceo, with small help from volunteers on one off bases, we are now looking to find designated volunteers for several positions to help us continue to run.