Stand Up Pups
MUST LOVE DOGS! As we expand and grow into new areas, we are looking for a rescue coordinator to take over the in person needs in Georgia. You must be comfortable and have a good understanding about dogs and their behaviors. You must be passionate about the rescue world.
This job is to help do some tasks and duties that the current owner does on their own. We are actively trying to expand our rescue in to multiple states and we will need someone that wants to take over the in person tasks in Georgia that the owner does. You will be shadowing the owner and learn how to work this job. You are not expected to know or have previous experience specifically with the below tasks but willingness to learn and grow. MUST LOVE DOGS!
- You will handle meet and greets with foster families and the new rescue from the shelter
- You will handle meet and greets with approved applicants to see if they are a good fit.
- You will learn everything about the dogs up for adoption to help any questions from applications/inquires and know them for them you bring them to meet and greets
- You must be comfortable with handling rescue dogs
- You will work with the founder on coordinating logistics of saving dogs from the shelter, finding a volunteer to do transport, arranging vet appointments.
- If there is not a volunteer that can assist in the above, you may have to go yourself to save a dogs life.
- You will learn the ins and outs of the rescue from the founder and build trust and a relationship with them.
- This is a role for someone that wants to be a part of the nonprofit world and make a difference. There is no money involved but over time you may be in a position to be a partner in the rescue, or on the board of directors ( if that is of interest to you). You may also like to take this role to learn about rescue work, if its something you want to do in the future. This can be listed as an internship, volunteer position, and on your resume.
About Stand Up Pups
640 Creekwood Trail Northeast, Marietta, GA 30068, US
Stand Up Pups is a non-profit 501c3 animal rescue. We are a 100% foster based rescue, although our end goal is to one day build a sanctuary to home dogs in need until they find their forever home. Our mission is to promote spay/neuter, help decrease the number of dogs being killed every second, and work towards making a dent in the overcrowded shelters, saving lives of strays and abandoned animals.
Stand Up Pups rescued its first abused, neglected from a high kill shelter on March 9th 2020. Since then, we have rescued as many dogs as we possibly could by recruiting foster parents. We have saved dogs of all ages and sizes. We have rescued litters of puppies that were dumped on the street. We have rescued a pregnant dog and birthed 7 wonderful puppies. We have successfully found each dog their forever home. We have now saved 71 dogs! We treat all their medical needs, from spay and neuter, heartworm treatment, vaccinate, microchip, surgeries for other health conditions. We are run by the owner and ceo, with small help from volunteers on one off bases, we are now looking to find designated volunteers for several positions to help us continue to run.