Disaster Health Services-Millersburg, PA
AMERICAN NATIONAL RED CROSS
Disaster Health Services Service Associate is a volunteer position assigned to work in person before, during and/or after a disaster event. Volunteers in this role provide assistance and healthcare to shelter residents and during fires, as needed.
- Provide hands on care for shelter clients to include but not limited to assistance with activities of daily living, wound care, incontinence care, assistance with functional needs in a sheltering situation.
- Provide health education, health assessments and determination if a higher level of care is needed.
- Assist clients to replace medications, durable medical equipment or consumable medical supplies during a national disaster or a local fire.
- Advocate for client needs with Disaster Health Services supervisor.
- Support maternal and child needs as necessary.
- A current, unencumbered license in at least one of the following professions:
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)*
- Medical Doctor (MD)
- Doctor of Osteopathy (DO)
- Physician Assistant (PA)
- Nurse Practitioner (NP)
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN)
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Availability to sign up for shifts
- Willing to complete 4 hours of virtual self-paced training required for position
About AMERICAN NATIONAL RED CROSS
724 S. George Street, York, PA 17401, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.